Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious. These 3 guys have upcoming fights.

Floyd Mayweather vs Oscar II

Pacquiao vs Marquez II

Calzaghe vs Bhop

These are the top 3 fighters in the world right now.

As I see it the rankings as of now are.

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao/Calzaghe

If all three win their fights, how will you place them p4p?

If they all win by decision how will you place them?

If they all win by tko how will you place them?

What if pac is the only one to score a ko? how will you place him.

Is there a chance of pac or calzaghe taking mayweathers thrown. Im curious to know your guys opinion. I think this can turn into a good topic. Feel free to bring other fighters in here as well.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd say if it goes like this:

Floyd by decision
Pac by Ko
Calzaghe by decision.

Id say its floyd, pac, calzaghe.

Lets be realistic here to guys. I dont want this to turn into an arguement as to who will win the upcoming fights, upsets are always possible. But theres a much greater chance that these 3 guys will win their fights than their opponents.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
yeah that sounds about right imo. Mayweather's top spot is a lock as long as he wins. I would place Pac second but wouldn't disagree if someone has Calzaghe there either. I think if they all go to decisions, and Calzaghe wins in a land slide and pac just gets by barely I think then I would prob put Calzaghe 2nd and pac 3rd. It comes down to which one really stands out in there performances for me.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think it depends on how each wins as well.
Yeh i think thats the main thing. I know alot of guys are going to jump the gun if Calzaghe/Pacquiao win VERY impressively and put the 2 above Mayweather until September. PBF is my #1 as long as he doesnt lose, Pacquiao will probably stay at #2 as well if he doesnt lose because i think hes fighting a better opponent that Calzaghe IMO.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Yeh i think thats the main thing. I know alot of guys are going to jump the gun if Calzaghe/Pacquiao win VERY impressively and put the 2 above Mayweather until September. PBF is my #1 as long as he doesnt lose, Pacquiao will probably stay at #2 as well if he doesnt lose because i think hes fighting a better opponent that Calzaghe IMO.
It's only fair why should we wait till sept, to rank all tree let's see who does the best out of Pacquiao and calzaghe, then we'll re-rank them on sept who can say how the long lay off is going to affect floyd... he is human you know...

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Floyd Human? I need proof lol. I think floyd is number 1 until he loses. I think it depends on how pac and calzaghe both win. And I think we all know that pac has a much better chance at getting the ko than calzaghe does. I'd also rank marquez a little above bhop right now p4p at least. Its very close though.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Im just curious. These 3 guys have upcoming fights.

Floyd Mayweather vs Oscar II

Pacquiao vs Marquez II

Calzaghe vs Bhop

These are the top 3 fighters in the world right now.

As I see it the rankings as of now are.

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao/Calzaghe

If all three win their fights, how will you place them p4p?

If they all win by decision how will you place them?

If they all win by tko how will you place them?

What if pac is the only one to score a ko? how will you place him.

Is there a chance of pac or calzaghe taking mayweathers thrown. Im curious to know your guys opinion. I think this can turn into a good topic. Feel free to bring other fighters in here as well.
To me this is silly. If Floyd wins there's no possible way he isn't 1. It doesn't matter how anyone wins as long as they WIN. Pacquiao isn't even in my top 3 unless he beats Marquez, and then I may think about it. Marquez is a better P4P BOXER than Pacquiao, and so is Cotto. I swear Pacquiao is so damn overrated.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldnt say beating morales and barrera 4 out of 5 times is overrating. And then drawing with the best pure boxer of the lower classes in marquez ( i thought he won ) I dont think he's overrated at all. I dont think he's on floyds level, but I dont think anyone is.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It's only fair why should we wait till sept, to rank all tree let's see who does the best out of Pacquiao and calzaghe, then we'll re-rank them on sept who can say how the long lay off is going to affect floyd... he is human you know...
That is stupid. So lets say Floyd fights on Jan 1. He wins. He is p4p number 1. Then pacquioa fights on Jan 2 and wins. Now all of a sudden Pac is number 1 because Floyd doesn't fight until, say, April 1? :laugh::laugh:

The guy is number 1 until he loses. Simple.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Your hate for pac is showing. Just curious. for debating reasons. Who would you have in front of pac shane.
Juan Manuel Marquez and Miguel Cotto are both better boxers than Pacquiao.
I wouldnt say beating morales and barrera 4 out of 5 times is overrating. And then drawing with the best pure boxer of the lower classes in marquez ( i thought he won ) I dont think he's overrated at all. I dont think he's on floyds level, but I dont think anyone is.
113-112 Marquez. If you knock a dude down 3 times in a row and he comes back and puts you through a clinic that's sad.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
115-110, I saw no clinic. I saw pac win. He just used alot of energy in the first round and hurt his left hand. He's got the right hand now shane. As for marquez and cotto. Cotto is top 5, marquez is top 10. But you pacquiao has fought the better and more worthy opposition as of late and won. Cotto well, He's on his way to top 3 p4p. IMO marquez is just a really good boxer. Pacquiao is a great fighter.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I rate Cotto higher than Pac for now cause a victory over an old Mosley is better than a victory over an old Barrera IMO (and MAB didn't really want to fight). But if Pac wins Saturday then I wonder how people could rate him lower than #3??? Would you explain your reasoning Shane?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You make a valid argument bali. I'd say if pac knocks out or beats marquez impressingly. He'll be number 2 no doubt. Calzaghe and cotto are both in the running for my 3rd spot.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
115-110, I saw no clinic. I saw pac win. He just used alot of energy in the first round and hurt his left hand. He's got the right hand now shane. As for marquez and cotto. Cotto is top 5, marquez is top 10. But you pacquiao has fought the better and more worthy opposition as of late and won. Cotto well, He's on his way to top 3 p4p. IMO marquez is just a really good boxer. Pacquiao is a great fighter.
I'll take wins over Mosley and Judah much higher than Solis and a blown Barerra, so no. Pacquiao hasn't been facing better competition lately. I don't care who is a better "fighter" this is boxing. I rate my P4P guys based on their boxing. If a guy is a badass and coming forward and throwing punches (katisids, Miranda) but would get schooled by a pure boxer, they don't rate high on my lists. Pacquioa is good. Yes, but his defense is suspect, and he fights like a goofball.
I rate Cotto higher than Pac for now cause a victory over an old Mosley is better than a victory over an old Barrera IMO (and MAB didn't really want to fight). But if Pac wins Saturday then I wonder how people could rate him lower than #3??? Would you explain your reasoning Shane?
Pacquiao might get in my top three over Cotto, but not over Calzaghe. Calzaghe is a better boxer regardless. Cotto just keeps getting better and better, so I could see him at my #2 by the years end depending on who he fights.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts