Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the very recent retirement announcement of Floyd Mayweather, rumors (an pretty reliable rumors) are springing up on the other side of the fence.

Yes, I'm talking about MMA.

!!!!!-If you have nothing intelligent to say or to contribute to the discussion like an adult please avoid this thread!!!!!!!!

UFC President Dana White had made clear in an interview yesterday that he had plans of unveiling a quote "Mind Blowing Announcement" later next week.

Some people I know (who are pretty reliable) have made it clear on rumors that Floyd may be contemplating an MMA Debut in the UFC.

Today after UFC 85 Weigh Ins for tomorrows UFC 85 bout featuring former 9 time UFC Champion Matt Hughes and rising star Thiago Alves.

Dana White apparently said in an interview that they had plan of bringing in a high caliber boxer to further legitimize the sport.

Wether that is Floyd Mayweather has yet to be announced. But IMO, due to his recent appearance on the (rather pathetic) Iron Ring on BET, I wouldn't rule it out.

Like I said this isn't 100% yet, and my sources may be Full of **** on this one.

But only time will tell.........

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I'd like to see it happen. It would take FLoyd just one time of geting his ass handed to him for him to come back to boxing.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I could see him toy with this while knowing he's still going to be boxing. I can't see Floyd doing this **** until he does it. With that said. I could see him do it.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I could see him toy with this while knowing he's still going to be boxing. I can't see Floyd doing this **** until he does it. With that said. I could see him do it.
What? :laugh:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I knew this chump didn't have it in him anymore,he's been having too much fun and just walking back to the gym is kicking his ass, I won't miss him now DLH can get his ass whoop by a real man COTTO!

G

·
if floyd does this it is a giant slap in the face to all boxing fans, in particular his loyal fans.I would lose all respect for Floyd if he goes and fights in this piss.

Shane,funny post dude, it took me a few takes :laugh: :laugh:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
I knew this chump didn't have it in him anymore,he's been having too much fun and just walking back to the gym is kicking his ass, I won't miss him now DLH can get his ass whoop by a real man COTTO!
mayweather can retire, but the hating never will!:laugh:

where ya been, hugo?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I actually think this rumor is true tbh, i can def see it happening. Mayweather will go to fight one fight in the UFC come back and say how much he misses boxing and fight the nr.1 fighter in the world, Miguel Cotto.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I actually think this rumor is true tbh, i can def see it happening. Mayweather will go to fight one fight in the UFC come back and say how much he misses boxing and fight the nr.1 fighter in the world, Miguel Cotto.
This sounds like the more logical assumption of the bunch. Only Floyd knows what is going to happen exactly but one thing is for sure. That is that he Will fight Oscar De La Hoya at least once more.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
if floyd does this it is a giant slap in the face to all boxing fans, in particular his loyal fans.I would lose all respect for Floyd if he goes and fights in this piss.

Shane,funny post dude, it took me a few takes :laugh: :laugh:
i aint being bad but since when did floyld really care for his fans. he has a lot of them on forums but i aint seen him do anything for them. i seen him go on other places and throw money etc... i seen him say de la hoya gave 20 dollar tip and he gave 200 to a driver, but not actually seen him invite his fans to see him or anything.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
This sounds like the more logical assumption of the bunch. Only Floyd knows what is going to happen exactly but one thing is for sure. That is that he Will fight Oscar De La Hoya at least once more.
if some people are saying he is retiring for his health maybe, then ufc aint the right place. his hands are his best asset yet they seem so fragile.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Yeah that had me rolling. :laugh:
I wonder who is responsible for paying floyds enormous tax bill ?? Thats where many fighters came unstuck Joe Louis Mike Tyson etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts