Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this thread while browsing.

FIGHTHYPE \\ CONTENT

Its interesting to see if he does becomes Hatton's trainer. I think it would benefit Hatton immensley, due to Mayweather Snr being known for teaching boxers a good defensive technique :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
LMAO. Its way too late in his career for Hatton to drastically improved his defense. Hes no Pernell Whitaker, and he never will be.:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
No way would this work.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMAO. Its way too late in his career for Hatton to drastically improved his defense. Hes no Pernell Whitaker, and he never will be.:laugh:
It cant do no harm thou can he! Am not sayin Hatton's goin to develope the 'Philly Shell' or anythin like that but, he might not get hit as much as he's used to :laugh:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Oh yes it can do harm. If Hatton tries to change his style to something he's not used to, at this stage of his career, he will get beat up like Cintron did against Margarito when he tried to use the shoulder roll. Floyd Sr is just trying to get paid.

PS : what an embarassement would that be for Hatton after he dissed Roger's training technique.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He must have thought his career wasn't going places like it should have been. :confused:

As for Floyd Sr. and Ricky, I hope they aren't trying to set up a Mayweather/Hatton rematch, but I guess it's inevitable.
That had nothing to do with the trainer:laugh: And yeah, i thought this could be to setup the rematch, hope not though.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Matthew never looked that good to me tbh, i doubt he will ever even come close to Rickys success but you never know i guess. But as for Hatton trainigh with Mayweather i will only say this, it cant hurt can it?

G

·
Matthew is crap. He did kick Ricky's ass in a kick boxing match when they were kids though. I don't think training with Mayweather will do Ricky any harm, he'll not be stupid enough to try and mould Ricky into a defensive minded fighter. He'll just try and get rid of a few of his bad habits.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Oh yes it can do harm. If Hatton tries to change his style to something he's not used to, at this stage of his career, he will get beat up like Cintron did against Margarito when he tried to use the shoulder roll. Floyd Sr is just trying to get paid.

PS : what an embarassement would that be for Hatton after he dissed Roger's training technique.
Good post. He's trying to get paid, and build hype for the Mayweather rematch that is inevitable. Too much money.

Don't see this happening. I'll be very surprised if Hatton leaves Graham tbh.
I don't think so either, but you never know. Money talks, and at least Mayweather knows how to train boxers. I doubt you'll see any body bag work!!!

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Good post. He's trying to get paid, and build hype for the Mayweather rematch that is inevitable. Too much money.

I don't think so either, but you never know. Money talks, and at least Mayweather knows how to train boxers. I doubt you'll see any body bag work!!!
That stuff should be banned from any boxing gym.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts