Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday, April 18 2007

Floyd Mayweather Jr. held court on Tuesday at the newly opened Mayweather Boxing Gym in Las Vegas. Mayweather was joined by trainer/uncle Roger Mayweather and Leonard Ellerbe. Mayweather's father Floyd Sr. was also on hand. Here's what Floyd had to say:

"I'm very happy with the way camp is running for this fight. We're just doing what we do, taking care of business. My job is to push my team to the limit. And my team's job is to push me to the limit. Oscar is just a name. I've been here before. I'm not nervous. He's just another opponent to me. We know Oscar has problems with smart, slick boxers, he better have his game plan ready come May 5. I make a fight like this. I'm the one selling this fight. I need a good dance partner, he needs a good dance partner. There's pressure on me but I don't put pressure on myself. I'm the pound for pound best. I'm supposed to win."

"Oscar keeps talking about being in the best shape of his life, before every fight he says the same thing, so why does he always get tired? And he will get tired. Even if Oscar was in the best physical shape of his life, there's no way mentally he's ready for this fight. Oscar keeps calling me a brat. He can say what he wants to say but he's gonna have to fight this brat May 5."

"Yeah De La Hoya might come out fast. There are a lot of fighters that are front runners, but there are 11 more rounds. I don't think Oscar is the fastest fighter that I'll have ever faced. I feel Zab Judah was the fastest fighter I've ever faced. My game plan is just to be a smart fighter, weight and popularity doesn't win fights, intelligence wins fights....I'm the best at talking trash I'm also the best at going out there and backing it up."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Looks like his tone, is getting a little more serious with the fight almost here and all.

I can't wait. Oscar gotta be siked.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eper3z said:
Looks like his tone, is getting a little more serious with the fight almost here and all.

I can't wait. Oscar gotta be siked.
Hell yea! Floyd is ready to rumble. Pardon the corny line :)

I just can't wait to hear him talk after he beats Oscar. I bet he breaks down crying as soon as it's over like always. The he will say he is done fighting and is retiring unless Oscar wants a rematch. He already said he would give him a rematch, LOL.
 

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
Joined
·
16,769 Posts
I read it differently sounds to me like hes a little nervous, and realizes this one for real ,like hes trying to convince himself he's invincivle ,no one is,complaining about being called a brat " which he is " as if he did'nt called DLH a bitch about fifty times on the 24-7 HBO series
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
HUGOBOX said:
I read it differently sounds to me like hes a little nervous, and realizes this one for real ,like hes trying to convince himself he's invincivle ,no one is,complaining about being called a brat " which he is " as if he did'nt called DLH a bitch about fifty times on the 24-7 HBO series
oscars seen this before but on an even bigger scale with mayorga and vargas, and like he says it does seem to motivate him to pull out a big performance.

floyd seemed very insecure on the tour, he had everybody on his staff there shouting he was the man, oscar doesn't nered to pay anyone to tell him how good he is he already knows.

its a good act by floyd but its fake, he comes across as confident but personaly i dont think he is as much as he's making out. oscar to me being cool all the time seems quietly confident.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disagree. Floyd is being the same as he has been prior to every fight in his past. He's talking it up and treating it as just another fight so he doesn't do anything different. Floyd is good to go and I can guarantee you he is nervous. It's nearly impossible not to be.

Oscar is nervous too. I doubt he is as nervous because he already has losses though. Floyd is in love with his record I will admit and because of this he will be cautious.

My honest opinion of Oscar is that he is a pompous ass. He is still one of my all time favorites but some of the stuff he does of late irritate the hell out of me much like Floyd does to you guys.

15 days and counting....:)
 

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
Joined
·
16,769 Posts
Allthougt 24/7 is showing a little too much skyline of puerto rico and vegas it justified my suspicion of what and imature kid FMW is on the first episode his mom and another female were singing his praises and in the second show he was burying his parents for leaving him at gramas,thi kid is very resentfull and needs counseling badly,no wonder he cries all the time,I can't wait for your justification PBF
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
HUGOBOX said:
Allthougt 24/7 is showing a little too much skyline of puerto rico and vegas it justified my suspicion of what and imature kid FMW is on the first episode his mom and another female were singing his praises and in the second show he was burying his parents for leaving him at gramas,thi kid is very resentfull and needs counseling badly,no wonder he cries all the time,I can't wait for your justification PBF
what about roger calling up freedie roach while he was taking call's from the press :laugh:

freddie must have been like what the ****, you heard him ask rog if he could speak english. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HUGOBOX said:
Allthougt 24/7 is showing a little too much skyline of puerto rico and vegas it justified my suspicion of what and imature kid FMW is on the first episode his mom and another female were singing his praises and in the second show he was burying his parents for leaving him at gramas,thi kid is very resentfull and needs counseling badly,no wonder he cries all the time,I can't wait for your justification PBF
He grew up in a bedroom with 8 other siblings. He dropped out of highschool because he was tired of poverty and saw boxing as his shot to get his family out of their situation. He did just that and everything else is history.

Love him or loathe him everyone is watching, anticipating his next statement or outburst. It's entertainment before the fight and I love it!
 

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
Joined
·
16,769 Posts
Roger M can't even understand himself speak,and as far as the rest is history ,little floyd he keeps telling the same **** over and over on the verge of tears every time, for his sake I hope his father leaves him alone he seems desperate to take over the camp and Roger seems a little intimidated,he might make the kid fall apart and F---up a great fight for all of us
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
you Know I have been thinking about what Pretty boy said and he is right in a way all this crap thats going on makes us talk about this butt-head so I for one will no longer mention his name or refer to him at all he does not deserve the air time and let me close with a big SHAME on you to HBO for trying so hard to make this B-H a star all for the money .but they are betting on the wrong horse and I know that after the fight the B-H will go back to obscurity were he belongs!! can I get an AMEN brothers!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
windowguy said:
you Know I have been thinking about what Pretty boy said and he is right in a way all this crap thats going on makes us talk about this butt-head so I for one will no longer mention his name or refer to him at all he does not deserve the air time and let me close with a big SHAME on you to HBO for trying so hard to make this B-H a star all for the money .but they are betting on the wrong horse and I know that after the fight the B-H will go back to obscurity were he belongs!! can I get an AMEN brothers!!!
AMEN BROTHER!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
tommygunn said:
what about roger calling up freedie roach while he was taking call's from the press :laugh:

freddie must have been like what the ****, you heard him ask rog if he could speak english. :D
That was funny as Hell
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
prettyboywho said:
That was funny as Hell
freddie must have knew that was some sort of piss take, rog can be a funny guy though. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
all the Mayweathers are funny
 

·
Buboy's Trainer
Joined
·
216 Posts
I cant believe a reporter was able to write everything Floyd said. Its hard enough to deceifer a sentence from a mayweather. But a whole speech wow.. thats the most impressive thing I ever seen!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:) Roger and Sr. Can't speak a lick. Floyd Jr. is leaps and bounds ahead of them however. I can understand him clearly. And the part with Freddie Roack and Roger was priceless. I don't think you can hold back window!!!
 

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
Joined
·
16,769 Posts
windowguy said:
you Know I have been thinking about what Pretty boy said and he is right in a way all this crap thats going on makes us talk about this butt-head so I for one will no longer mention his name or refer to him at all he does not deserve the air time and let me close with a big SHAME on you to HBO for trying so hard to make this B-H a star all for the money .but they are betting on the wrong horse and I know that after the fight the B-H will go back to obscurity were he belongs!! can I get an AMEN brothers!!!
Hey window who you reffering to and whats a B-H....?
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top