Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this on a couple of radio shows this morning. Is this true? I really hope its just a big misunderstanding or I will have lost all respect for him. Apparently there is a press conference on Thursday. If this has been posted already, my bad.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah, he'd definitely get killed. All of that bending over and turning his back that he did with Hatton won't help him a bit. I'd like to see his face and the rest of him get busted up in a bad way, even though I hate the UFC and mma in general and I know it'd be huge for them financially if Mayweather fought there and a real feather in the cap of one of their fighters for taking out the "best boxing has to offer." I won't be surprised at all if he tries this.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
news flash: ricky hatton joins the ufc to chase a mayweather rematch. hatton wins because he's known as a wreastling boxer and use to do kickboxing. :p

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Actually what I heard was $200 Million AND a part of the UFC. Almost to in depth to be made up. Again theres a press conference on Thursday.
if he's buying into the ufc then that's cool. i just don't care to see him fighting in the ufc. obviously, i'm not a fan of the ufc.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Huh, the money doesn't matter Floyd? Hahahahahahaha! You just found a bigger cash cow to milk and grabbed your bucket. I bet he'll get thrown in against some crap, glass chinned opponent first off and as soon as he moves up and fights somebody with skill he'll get his behind whipped. Good move on the UFC's part. I'd tune in to see him get mauled.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The thing is the UFC doesn't really allow people to fight for them that aren't the best at what they do I'll give them that. So if Floyd thinks he is getting in the ring with a glass chinned joke he is mistaken. Good luck with that bro.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
The thing is the UFC doesn't really allow people to fight for them that aren't the best at what they do I'll give them that. So if Floyd thinks he is getting in the ring with a glass chinned joke he is mistaken. Good luck with that bro.

They'd hand pick an easy fight for Floyd first go around. This is a business man and they don't want their investment going down the john first fight out. You act like the UFC is some incredible reputible company that prides itself on the straight forward way they do business. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They'd hand pick an easy fight for Floyd first go around. This is a business man and they don't want their investment going down the john first fight out. You act like the UFC is some incredible reputible company that prides itself on the straight forward way they do business. :laugh:
Well I have been watching the UFC since I was in high school and the way they do business is much classier than the way Boxing does it. I hate Dana White with a passion but he knows his **** when it comes to doing business. The only problem is the UFC doesn't even have a weight division for Floyd. That could serve a problem.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts