Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts
Well I have been watching the UFC since I was in high school and the way they do business is much classier than the way Boxing does it. I hate Dana White with a passion but he knows his **** when it comes to doing business. The only problem is the UFC doesn't even have a weight division for Floyd. That could serve a problem.
Lightweight is 155 so that's obviously where he would=fight. It's all bullshit anyway, there is no way it's gonna happen.

HAHAH Him taking on a guy who is naturally bigger than he is and knows nothing about jujitsu or wrestling is very funny to me. Just thinking about that, there is no way in hell this can be true.
That's how I see it. There is absolutely no way he could compete at the highest level without any clinch or grappling background, so it's just not true.

IF, in the rarest case, Mayweather ever did do some kind of deal like this, I think some of you guys are seriously underestimating what he could do to some of these UFC fighters. Boxing (standup in ufc terms) is the hardest component to master in mma. Obviously Floyd has mastered the sweet science, it doesn't take much to learn jujitsu, grappling or any other ground game, he's already fairly strong for his size, and you think he's fast now, think of how fast he would be with those gay little ufc gloves on. Plus 90% of ufc fighters are a bunch of runts. But in the downside, if he did get beat, every participating boxer or boxing fan would have to hear joe rogan and every other ufc prick talk smack for the next 10 years.

IF, in the rarest case, Mayweather ever did do some kind of deal like this, I think some of you guys are seriously underestimating what he could do to some of these UFC fighters. Boxing (standup in ufc terms) is the hardest component to master in mma. Obviously Floyd has mastered the sweet science, it doesn't take much to learn jujitsu, grappling or any other ground game, he's already fairly strong for his size, and you think he's fast now, think of how fast he would be with those gay little ufc gloves on. Plus 90% of ufc fighters are a bunch of runts.
They certainly are :laugh: I really do hate the UFC :mad:

Could you imagine it if MoneyMay lost? All the UFC guys saying "we beat the best Boxing could offer" blah blah blah. It would be unbearable. As much as I would like to see Mayweather lose, I don't want to see at UFC. Like I said, their comments would be unbearable. Boxers have so much more skill than the UFC guys it's unreal :D ;)

Discussion starter · #30 ·
IF, in the rarest case, Mayweather ever did do some kind of deal like this, I think some of you guys are seriously underestimating what he could do to some of these UFC fighters. Boxing (standup in ufc terms) is the hardest component to master in mma. Obviously Floyd has mastered the sweet science, it doesn't take much to learn jujitsu, grappling or any other ground game, he's already fairly strong for his size, and you think he's fast now, think of how fast he would be with those gay little ufc gloves on. Plus 90% of ufc fighters are a bunch of runts. But in the downside, if he did get beat, every participating boxer or boxing fan would have to hear joe rogan and every other ufc prick talk smack for the next 10 years.
They certainly are :laugh: I really do hate the UFC :mad:
Haha you guys don't know ****. It takes year to even be decent at wrestling and jujitsu. Guys like the Gracie's have been doing it since birth and still get school on the ground every so often. If Floyd faces a guy who prefers to stand up your right he will probably pound him. If he faces a guy who has any sense he will take him down and go for the submission right away.

Anyway Shane is right. This is probably bull ****.

Haha you guys don't know ****. It takes year to even be decent at wrestling and jujitsu. Guys like the Gracie's have been doing it since birth and still get school on the ground every so often. If Floyd faces a guy who prefers to stand up your right he will probably pound him. If he faces a guy who has any sense he will take him down and go for the submission right away.

Anyway Shane is right. This is probably bull ****.
...................don't start.

They can't give him $200 million. They don't have that kind of dough. It's like Couture said, "All the UFC guys put together make less than Floyd Mayweather does."

Randy Couture: All UFC Fighters Combined Make Less Than Floyd Mayweather - FanHouse - AOL Sports Blog
LOL. The UFC will be forgotten by August 2009. I wouldn't be surprised to see there fighters leave or go on strike. Tennis players playing in the French Open are banking more than them. That shitt is hilarious. MMA can not and will not ever compete with Boxing. It can't even compete with WWE

Floyd would get mauled in the UFC. The majority of boxers probably would. I hope it happens though for comedy value.

I disagree on that, I've seen anything that Floyd puts his mind to he will succeed. One thing I do know about this guy is that he's one determined dude.

One determined dude? He'd a funny way of showing the boxing world that. Floyd might win a couple of fights and get his ass beat around in a few (not that this'll prob ever happen)

Could you imagine it if MoneyMay lost? All the UFC guys saying "we beat the best Boxing could offer" blah blah blah. It would be unbearable. As much as I would like to see Mayweather lose, I don't want to see at UFC. Like I said, their comments would be unbearable. Boxers have so much more skill than the UFC guys it's unreal :D ;)
I would never hear the end of it. It wouldn't happen though.

I'm no PBF, but from what I've seen/experienced in sparring, I sure feel like it when I'm going with those cage rattlers...

It wouldn't take floyd 8 months to be champ of that sport, and that's a conservative figure.

I say good move for 200mil!

At least we could give the mma guys something to sulk about. Boxing would be more dead than ever lol!

LOL. The UFC will be forgotten by August 2009. I wouldn't be surprised to see there fighters leave or go on strike. Tennis players playing in the French Open are banking more than them. That shitt is hilarious. MMA can not and will not ever compete with Boxing. It can't even compete with WWE
They have a strong fan base, man. It's not going anywhere. A mayweather victory would mean a reccession for them though. In the middle of an economic recession, that might mean they would lay low for a few years.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.