Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured it was time for another floyd thread haters lol.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., boxing's undefeated welterweight champion, will wave the green flag to start the Indianapolis 500 next month.

Named fighter of the year in 2007 by the Boxing Writers Association of America, Mayweather went to 39-0 with a victory over previously unbeaten Ricky Hatton in December.

Mayweather previously held world titles in the junior middleweight, light welterweight, lightweight and super featherweight divisions.

"To be asked to wave the green flag at the Indianapolis 500 is an incredible honor," Mayweather said Thursday in a statement.

One of the drivers who will start the May 25 race under Mayweather's signal is two-time winner Helio Castroneves, who beat Mayweather and all of the other challengers last fall to win ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

Mayweather also participated this spring in the WWE's "Wrestlemania XXIV."

"The speed, power and charisma that he has shown in the ring are a perfect match for the excitement of 'The Greatest Spectacle in Racing,' " Speedway president Joie Chitwood said.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Figured it was time for another floyd thread haters lol.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., boxing's undefeated welterweight champion, will wave the green flag to start the Indianapolis 500 next month.

Named fighter of the year in 2007 by the Boxing Writers Association of America, Mayweather went to 39-0 with a victory over previously unbeaten Ricky Hatton in December.

Mayweather previously held world titles in the junior middleweight, light welterweight, lightweight and super featherweight divisions.

"To be asked to wave the green flag at the Indianapolis 500 is an incredible honor," Mayweather said Thursday in a statement.

One of the drivers who will start the May 25 race under Mayweather's signal is two-time winner Helio Castroneves, who beat Mayweather and all of the other challengers last fall to win ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

Mayweather also participated this spring in the WWE's "Wrestlemania XXIV."

"The speed, power and charisma that he has shown in the ring are a perfect match for the excitement of 'The Greatest Spectacle in Racing,' " Speedway president Joie Chitwood said.
He'll do anything he can to avoid having to fight Miguel Cotto wont he :cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
Registered
472 Posts
anyway to build up boxing is fine with me. The man is talented and is bringing alot of light back on boxing, people shouldnt hate the man. In the general public alot of people still look at mike tyson as the face of boxing, that is now starting to switch to the pretty boy

·
Registered
53 Posts
as long as he gets more people interested in boxing i couldnt be happier, the fact that they picked a boxer for the honour shows that boxing is still held in high regard amongst athletes and sports enthusiasts though

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
:laugh:

You can edit that to look like any fighters name, a poster over at BS.com used to have that when i posted there a lot and i put one in with Hattons name to piss him off. :D

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know haha, I used to have one that searched for ODLH ( oscar delahoya ) and it said " did you me OLD? lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts