• Pretty Boy

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Pac Man

Votes: 1 11.1%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so let's say that Pacquaio beats De La Hoya in a pretty convincing fashion (I believe he will). And then let's say that the potential megabucks that Mayweather vs. Pacquaio would bring in is just too much for Mayweather to resist. Who you got?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I think Floyd..

If Pacquiao beats Oscar its because Oscar is past his best days and the weight issue also had influence.
Floyd would still be in his prime and would be too big and too skilled for Pacman to deal with.

Not only Floyd but any top welterweight would beat Pacquiao. MArgarito, Cotto, Clottey, Williams, Mosley

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
FMW, no matter what alot of people say about him ducking figheters and blah blah blah, he is a great boxer, and I think his skill level is unmatched . He would beat pac

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I can see the title now

P4P SUPREMACY

Floyd will win and if pac beats oscar in any way, you can guarentee that this fight will be signed within a month.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I think that fighters like Clottey and Marg would obviously be way too big for Pac man, I don't think size would be as big a factor as people might think in a Pac Man vs Floyd fight. Afterall, I think that's why Mayweather never fought Margarito, too big and strong. That being said, I would also take Floyd.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I can see the title now

P4P SUPREMACY

Floyd will win and if pac beats oscar in any way, you can guarentee that this fight will be signed within a month.
IF the fight took place at 135 or 140, I think it would be more competitive.
But I dont know if Floyd can make that kind of weight anymore, and also, if pacquiao beats Oscar at 147, theres no way they're moving down

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
IF the fight took place at 135 or 140, I think it would be more competitive.
But I dont know if Floyd can make that kind of weight anymore, and also, if pacquiao beats Oscar at 147, theres no way they're moving down
If pac can beat Oscar, like I said, the most likely bought will be against floyd at 147 as well. It doesnt matter where those 2 fight at. They are much closer to the same size than pac and oscar in comparison. So If pac can beat oscar, floyd vs pac will be highly competitive, with floyd winning.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
If pac can beat Oscar, like I said, the most likely bought will be against floyd at 147 as well. It doesnt matter where those 2 fight at. They are much closer to the same size than pac and oscar in comparison. So If pac can beat oscar, floyd vs pac will be highly competitive, with floyd winning.
I disagree. It would be an absolute blowout.
it would be exciting fight to watch , but Floyd would simply dominate the PacMan...no dout
No doubt at all man.
Mayweather toys with Pacquaio. And he would at any weight
I agree, Gerald. Floyd would stop Pacquiao in brutal fashion at 140 or 147.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I disagree. It would be an absolute blowout.

No doubt at all man.

I agree, Gerald. Floyd would stop Pacquiao in brutal fashion at 140 or 147.
Well think of it this way. If pac beats oscar's he'll most likely have to have taken at least one big shot from oscar. So if he can take oscar's shot, he can take floyds in all likely hood. Of course I see floyd toying with him and beating him much worse than oscar ever would. But I do think it would be competive for a few rounds. Floyd's style is never to come out and dominate right away.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He would dominate Pacman completely. Although I think if it took place at 135 it would be much more competitive
I don't. I think Floyd wipes the floor with Pacquiao at any weight at any time.
Well think of it this way. If pac beats oscar's he'll most likely have to have taken at least one big shot from oscar. So if he can take oscar's shot, he can take floyds in all likely hood. Of course I see floyd toying with him and beating him much worse than oscar ever would. But I do think it would be competive for a few rounds. Floyd's style is never to come out and dominate right away.
Look at it this way. Marquez was able to (in the opinions of many) beat Pacquiao or at least be very damn close to beating him twice. Everything Marquez does Floyd does a whole hell of a lot better. I think Floyd would pretty much Gatti his ass.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I don't. I think Floyd wipes the floor with Pacquiao at any weight at any time.

Look at it this way. Marquez was able to (in the opinions of many) beat Pacquiao or at least be very damn close to beating him twice. Everything Marquez does Floyd does a whole hell of a lot better. I think Floyd would pretty much Gatti his ass.
Pacquiao is too fast to be toyed like Gatti was.

At 135 Pacquiao is strong and their size difference wouldnt be as much as in 147 pounds. Also, Pacquiao's stamina at 135 was great and he would have floyd losing a couple of rounds because of the storm of punches he would throw.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Pacquiao is too fast to be toyed like Gatti was.

At 135 Pacquiao is strong and their size difference wouldnt be as much as in 147 pounds. Also, Pacquiao's stamina at 135 was great and he would have floyd losing a couple of rounds because of the storm of punches he would throw.
I can dig that, but I don't think the weight really matters. To me it always boils down to Floyd fighting Pacquiao, and Floyd stopping him at any weight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.