Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, i'm thinking about purchasing a new double end bag. I have a regular single double end bag, which i'm happy with, but it doesn't give me the head-body combo capability. So i'm gonna buy a double end bag that does. Question, what do you think you is better the Mexican Style Double End Bag TITLE Mexican Style 2-N-1 Double End Bag from Title Boxing or the Traditional Double End Bag TITLE Traditional Double-Double End Bag from Title Boxing.

Any reviews, opinions will be taken into consideration. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have the everlast traditional double end bag and it works fine for me. I got the smallest possible one they had and it really helps me with my accuracy and timing.

I guess it could be convenient to have the head and body combo.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I like the mexican one; mostly because every traditional one i've seen hung has been waaaaay too tight - hard to get the ball off of your gloves even with snap.
I like hanging double end balls loose because i think tracking the moving target helps.
If i had to guess, i would say that you can probably sit on your punches a little more with the mexican style one.
I really miss having one, it really helped me in sparring...

·
Registered
53 Posts
id go traditional because theres the wiring in between the bags, since u really wont want to hit the wiring ull have to consentrate harder which i rekon will help ur accuracy in the long run. Where as the mexican has the padding in between so it wont matter if u hit it thus u wont worry about it, and overall this lack of 'worry' will mean u hit the area between the bags more often and thus wont develop ur accuracy as much. however ive never tested this, its just what i thought when i picked between the 2, theres a good chane u wont care if u hit the wiring, i just found it off-putting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts