Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the "Century" ones, they seem more of an old version mexican handwraps IDK.. problem is everytime I use them, within minutes i have to take it off because its VERY uncomfortable because its either too tight or too lose, I can never get them the way I want them too.. anyone know the problem here?..

Im thinking of getting brand new handwraps.. Ive read CaptianObvios Or whatever his name is review on the Evergel Ones, they seem pretty nice but Im looking for TOP protection gel handwraps, the ones you can just slip on and get to work already..

Anybody reccomend any TOP protection Gel handwraps?..

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Que, I have the same issue with Mexican style handwraps. The problem is that they have elastic in them whereas the traditional ones do not. So once your hands start to sweat a little, they compress and get even tighter around your hand. In some instances they start to cut off the blood circulation and you get that tingly feeling like your hand is falling asleep. You have to be even more careful abou thow tightly you wrap your hands with the Mexican style wraps for this very reason.

I'd recommend switching to the traditional non-mexican version and that should work out for you.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Im thinking of getting brand new handwraps.. Ive read CaptianObvios Or whatever his name is review on the Evergel Ones, they seem pretty nice but Im looking for TOP protection gel handwraps, the ones you can just slip on and get to work already..

Anybody reccomend any TOP protection Gel handwraps?..
The problem with slip on gel handwraps is that they dont provide as much security for the wrist and the bones on the top of the hand, because they dont fit as snug as a traditional handwrap. Here is a nice compromise of the two that may work for you:

Gel Shock Handwrap from Combatsports.com
Grant Gel Handwraps from Combatsports.com

or if you just want a slip on version and you can bypass the added wrist security, I'd take these over the everlast wraps:

Quick Wrap from Combatsports.com

Theres also these, but caveat- I havent used them so I cant give you any real world usage details.
Pro Gel Speed Wraps from Title Boxing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts