Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Buffer has the better voice for it and its the only reason Id say him, Lennon does a great job when presenting the fighters though, better than Buffer but he just dont have the voice, and his "its showtime" phrase is kinda lame.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Buffer has the better voice for it and its the only reason Id say him, Lennon does a great job when presenting the fighters though, better than Buffer but he just dont have the voice, and his "its showtime" phrase is kinda lame.
Lennon actually annoys me a lot, the "it's Showtime" phrase is a load of crap too. Buffer can actually add to the event, he's the absolute master as elephant man and Ulster said.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Buffer REALLY hypes you for the fight. He's the greatest ANNOUNCER of all time. However I like Jimmy Lennon Jr, he's a great announcer. I actually like 'IT'S SHOWTIME!', I enjoyed his introduction for Mike Tyson the most.

'REALLY NEEDING NO INTRODUCTION THE WORLD OVER! ENTERING THE RING WEARING HIS TRADITIONAL SOLID BLACK TRUNKS!'

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Michael Buffer. Lennon is good though. That cornball brother of Mike Buffer that does UFSHE is by far the worst I've ever heard.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Micheal Pass. :laugh:

Buffers the man!!!

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Buffer even carried on when he had cancer. By all accounts he's a great guy too.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Buffer even carried on when he had cancer. By all accounts he's a great guy too.
Sorry guys I'm afraid Ive gotta disagree with all of you. Jimmy Lennon Jr is way above Buffer. Buffer makes too many mistakes . Thats partly because he considers himself as much a star as any fighter. I'll never forget one card in Ft worth, televised on U.S.A. channel, when Buffer welcomed the crowd to a "Night of World Class Professional Wrestling."
He then introduced Paulie Ayala as " The NABF HEAVYWEIGHT Champion" LOL
He's too busy playing the star to do the job the way Jimmy does. Jimmy visits the dressing rooms & chats to ALL the fighters. Making sure he pronounces their names correctly and that all facts are correct. Jimmy is a professional.
Shane mentioned Buffers brother, that guy is a creep. Another great announcer Marc Beiro was due to share announcing duties with Buffer.
The jerk complained saying Marc was unprofessional due to mistakes he'd made at previous card. What he didnt know was Marc was temporarily blind from complications of diabeties at that time and was relying on friends to feed him information. Marc is second only to Jimmy, Buffer is an also ran for me

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
LennoX ????? Rofl

1 - 20 of 43 Posts