Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
BBC SPORT | Boxing | Khan's fury after Gomez no-show

Hmmmmmmm......

Wander if he was spending his pay packet already??? lol....

He better show up on the night lol, i have tickets and cant wait for the fight.....
Haha, didn't Haye do the same think then KO Enzo :laugh: Haha, shouldn't happen here, Khan should KO him within six, have a good time at the fight :thumbsup:

G

·
**** Khan, come on GOmez, reel in the years son and put this chump on his back. hes a warrior and will put everything he has into this fight, i dont exoect him to win but i do expect him to give everything he has, and if he has anything at all left he will be Khans biggest test.Always liked little gomez. i have points on gomez and all :laugh:

G

·
I like the way Gomez fights, it's not smart because he goes all out and ends up burning himself out but I repect him. He's shiit all the same.

G

·
I like the way Gomez fights, it's not smart because he goes all out and ends up burning himself out but I repect him. He's shiit all the same.
he is one of the few fighters i honestly believe would be prepared to die in the ring. hes exciting and always comes forward, i expect him to give khan a test and if khan takes this too lightly hes in for a rough night

G

·
I don't think Khan will take him lightly with a world title shot around the corner. I expect him to be a handfull for a few rounds and then tire. To be honest I don't expect him to make the 6th round but he's garanteed to give 110%.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
khan is a pretty good finisher so if gomez does get hurt, he will get tko'd or knocked out. i can see khan being a lil respectful since the guy has an ok punch. i on't know if it can hurt khan, but definately khan will respect it. so it could go up to 8 rounds if gomez doesn't get hurt early.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
BBC SPORT | Boxing | Khan's fury after Gomez no-show

Hmmmmmmm......

Wander if he was spending his pay packet already??? lol....

He better show up on the night lol, i have tickets and cant wait for the fight.....
Khan should but Gomez away without too much trouble. One thing concerns me though, the idea of him splitting with his career long trainer Oliver Harrison. So many fighters have paid a price for thinking theyve outgrown the man that brought them this far.
My friend Donald Curry was a prime example, he got lured away from
Dave Gorman by th promise of limousines, show girls, big$$$$$$$$$.
Even Bernard Hopkins doesnt seem the same guy since parting with Bouie Fisher

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Khan should but Gomez away without too much trouble. One thing concerns me though, the idea of him splitting with his career long trainer Oliver Harrison. So many fighters have paid a price for thinking theyve outgrown the man that brought them this far.
My friend Donald Curry was a prime example, he got lured away from
Dave Gorman by th promise of limousines, show girls, big$$$$$$$$$.
Even Bernard Hopkins doesnt seem the same guy since parting with Bouie Fisher
as a prince anz fan, i saw it too. he didn't seem to be motivated and maybe that was why he parted with ingle, although i don't think ingle could have done anything at the time anyway. naz was just too arrogant and indisciplined.

the thing is, there is an article about khan's view on it.

Amir Khan regretful over parting of the ways with trainer Oliver Harrison - Times Online

if it is true then i can see why he elft harrison.

this next article is about khan and roger mayweather/ floyld mayweather.

Amir Khan gets boxing tips during masterclss from WBC world welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather at Las Vegas gym | The Sun |HomePage|Sport|Boxing

he obviously realsied harrision was not good enough also.

·
Banned
145 Posts
Khan i expect to win with ease. he ends it in about 4 rounds.

Hopefully he steps up the competition after this.

·
Registered
185 Posts
khan in the 3rd. i have seen gomez knocking people out around manchester city centre and he is mighty impressive. but i think khan's too strong and quick for him now.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
as a prince anz fan, i saw it too. he didn't seem to be motivated and maybe that was why he parted with ingle, although i don't think ingle could have done anything at the time anyway. naz was just too arrogant and indisciplined.

Amir Khan regretful over parting of the ways with trainer Oliver Harrison - Times Online

Amir Khan gets boxing tips during masterclss from WBC world welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather at Las Vegas gym | The Sun |HomePage|Sport|Boxing

That article about Khan and Floyd was a cool read. Thanks for that.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts

Sorry folks but for some reason I dont buy Amir Khan's story about the reason Oliver Harrison was fired. Fighters forget quick who got them where they are and look to the big $$$$$, fast cars, Pretty women offers. I sincerely hope Amir is not going to end up the way so many others have.
I still cannot buy what happened between Bouie Fisher and Bernard Hopkins. Dang when I talked to them they were close as could be Telling a story about how Nard and Bouie spent the night before a fight in Bouie's car coz the motel the promoter booked em into was a flea pit. Where has loyalty gone??? Same way as pride in being a champion I guess

·
Registered
249 Posts
O jeez Khan fighting another past it Featherweight what a suprise.

At least this one can punch, Khan is completely untested at 135lbs as he has yet to face a Lightweight ranked top 25 by any org.

That will hurt him when he steps up.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Sorry folks but for some reason I dont buy Amir Khan's story about the reason Oliver Harrison was fired. Fighters forget quick who got them where they are and look to the big $$$$$, fast cars, Pretty women offers. I sincerely hope Amir is not going to end up the way so many others have.
I still cannot buy what happened between Bouie Fisher and Bernard Hopkins. Dang when I talked to them they were close as could be Telling a story about how Nard and Bouie spent the night before a fight in Bouie's car coz the motel the promoter booked em into was a flea pit. Where has loyalty gone??? Same way as pride in being a champion I guess
maybe from the floyld experience, he just saw that harrison was not good enough to get him to where he needs to be. this kid has a lot of talent and even more ambition. he wants to be a world champ very soon, and if he is still learning and being very thankful to uncle roger, then it must have opened his eyes. sometimes to excel you need to be taught by soemone better. i mean i can understand why amir wants a new trainer that has experience.

ps. i actually saw his trainer in their hotel lift once. amir's uncle sells the tickets and i went to buy the st claire fight (my first and only atm) in his hotel room. as i went up, i saw his trainer with some beverage drink. he was very small lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts