Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of these two fighters takes it at heavyweight? Spink's power was average at heavyweight, but he was still very good, and Moorer's power was slightly above average, but he was just all around a very good heavyweight, besides his chin. Who takes it?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Bill i love the fact that your the youngest member on the forum along with NFFC but you have a better knowledge of boxing history then my grandad. i'm truly amazed.... anyways back to your question... i'm with SRCJJ spinks is definately the favourite.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'd favor Moorer cuz I dont think Spinks would have the power to make him pay.

Both had good handspeed at heavyweight but I think Moorer was stronger. Close decision or even Knockout

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill i love the fact that your the youngest member on the forum along with NFFC but you have a better knowledge of boxing history then my grandad. i'm truly amazed.... anyways back to your question... i'm with SRCJJ spinks is definately the favourite.
Thanks!:)

But anyway, my opinion on this fight:

Michael Spinks comes out and confuses Moorer with his very awkward style. Spinks lands some good shots that rock Moorer, but nothing he can't get through. By the 6th round Moorer is starting to get Michael's timing down and landing some jabs and straight lefts. By the 12th it has become a good fight, but Moorer is tiring and Spinks is still fresh. In the 14th Spinks lands a heavy combo that puts Moorer on his butt for a count of 5. He survives and makes it to the end of the fight. Spinks wins a close, but clear ud.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
If Moorer fought Chris Bryd I could answer this.

Also, why is this fantasy fight at Heavyweight? They were both prime at Light Heavyweight. I rate them right next to each other as #4 and #5 all time Light Heavyweight. Which order it goes in I could not tell you. Moorer has better names at Heavyweight, Spinks better names at Light Heavyweight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts