Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deal done i think wierd fight but its like

Lockett v Pavlik

Jennings isnt really a big name in england, only defeat young mutley on split decision

Cotto wins by KO

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I will watch this fight closely. I'm pretty confident Cotto is gonna win but I wanna see HOW. If Cotto boxes against Jennings you can bet your life savings Margarito will stop him sooner than last time in a rematch.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I will watch this fight closely. I'm pretty confident Cotto is gonna win but I wanna see HOW. If Cotto boxes against Jennings you can bet your life savings Margarito will stop him sooner than last time in a rematch.
You can bet your life savings Margarito stops him again anyways, i think it might be earlier anyway. Cotto is the better boxer but Margarito's style is a nightmare for him.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jennings has been given a big shot and will give it everything could make it difficult

lockett who fought pavlik is really into boxing big time

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
There's some vids of him sparring on youtube and he's going backwards 100% of the time even against guys half his size, he's definatelly working on his stamina and how to get out of situations, he looks alot bigger and muscular which might give him an advantage in a rematch

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
cotto is going to crush this guy. i see a stoppage by a body shot

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
You can bet your life savings Margarito stops him again anyways, i think it might be earlier anyway. Cotto is the better boxer but Margarito's style is a nightmare for him.
If he decides to be the agressor at times in the rematch and can focus on his body attack he still has a shot. Of course it all depends on how he looks against Jennings.

·
Registered
224 Posts
How long has he been out of the ring it seems an eternity(july) when is the fight March ?.

that would be 8 months for a previously unbeaten fighter who was thoroughly beaten and knocked out.

Seems to be a long time for someone still hungry to be the best in the world.

Maybe all is not well ?

Badger in Asia

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Cotto will win via TKO. Jennings has decent wins over Takaloo & Pryce. But this will be more one sided then Cotto/Gomez.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
If he decides to be the agressor at times in the rematch and can focus on his body attack he still has a shot. Of course it all depends on how he looks against Jennings.
Yeah i agree his best chance is to go for broke and try hurt Margarito to the body. But you know Tony is going to be coming back with those uppercuts and i don't think Cotto has the punch resistance to take too many of those.

G

·
Yeah i agree his best chance is to go for broke and try hurt Margarito to the body. But you know Tony is going to be coming back with those uppercuts and i don't think Cotto has the punch resistance to take too many of those.
Margarito will KO Cotto in the middle rounds in the rematch. Cotto spent the entire fight running, tired himself out and it cpost him in the end. In the rematch, he'll come out swinging and trading shots. Problem is, we saw that Cotto's punches have no effect on Marg. So, while Cotto is throwing, he's leaving himself open to Marg's power shots which will send Cotto to the mat. Count on it.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
How long has he been out of the ring it seems an eternity(july) when is the fight March ?.

that would be 8 months for a previously unbeaten fighter who was thoroughly beaten and knocked out.

Seems to be a long time for someone still hungry to be the best in the world.

Maybe all is not well ?

Badger in Asia
I don't understand why you always say in asia:confused:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Margarito will KO Cotto in the middle rounds in the rematch. Cotto spent the entire fight running, tired himself out and it cpost him in the end. In the rematch, he'll come out swinging and trading shots. Problem is, we saw that Cotto's punches have no effect on Marg. So, while Cotto is throwing, he's leaving himself open to Marg's power shots which will send Cotto to the mat. Count on it.
No he wont..cmon now. Even i know better and i'm an amateur. I've analyzed his fight after only 3 times of watching the damn fight and i know damn well Cotto shouldn't trade with Margarito and obviously he'll know not to do that too. He'll know not to stay on the ropes like margarito had him and he'll know to keep his distance. Cotto will know what he's doing because if an amateur only 16 knows what he should do and he doesn't then he should retire because it's CLEAR what he did wrong in his last fight with margarito.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
No he wont..cmon now. Even i know better and i'm an amateur. I've analyzed his fight after only 3 times of watching the damn fight and i know damn well Cotto shouldn't trade with Margarito and obviously he'll know not to do that too. He'll know not to stay on the ropes like margarito had him and he'll know to keep his distance. Cotto will know what he's doing because if an amateur only 16 knows what he should do and he doesn't then he should retire because it's CLEAR what he did wrong in his last fight with margarito.
He may know what he did wrong but will he be able to do anything about it? Can he stay on his horse for 12rounds without enganging a single time?, I doubt it Cotto is Cotto, he is not Mayweather or Manny Pacquaio, he is bound to be flat-footed before the fight is over and as soon as he does it once he'll do it again and again and again until he's stopped again, if he somehow stays on his feet and learns how to clinch i'd give him quite the chance to pull it off, also one thing missing from Cotto is how to rotate opponents, you can't just run 12rounds you gotta let him come to you and when he does counter and turn him after a clinch so his back is on the ropes and your infront, then he can lets his left hooks to the body go

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
People learn from their mistakes. Cotto is in his prime. He did it once but theres no way in hell he wants to go through a brutal beating like that again so he wont do similar things.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts