Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fight looks to be on as the co-feature of margarito vs zab.

This is BS, yeah its probably seting up cotto vs tony but they could still have fought a more live opponent than gomez.

i like the kid gomez, he's got a lot of heart but he's not at this level and i doubt he ever will be.

Arums conned Cotto fans once again.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ok im not getting this do you mean Miguel Cotto as in Miguel Angel Cotto the guy who beat SSM in his last fight or some Cotto ive never heard of?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no joke guys, the articles on boxingscene.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Cotto just fought Mosley and Judah. I see no problem with him having a gimmie fight. Gomez ain't a total bum. He's got heart.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
fighting judah and mosley still doesn't justify gomez as an opponent for cotto imo. this is just like arum trying to push pavlik/duddy on us. i'm not into fighters having "gimme" fights when they're on the elite level. i didn't like it when floyd did it against bruseles, so i'd be a hypocrite to think this is ok.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
:laugh:
what a joke this is the biggest mismatch 2008 will see i think. Cotto in 3 rounds. Itll be fun to watch though

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
fighting judah and mosley still doesn't justify gomez as an opponent for cotto imo. this is just like arum trying to push pavlik/duddy on us. i'm not into fighters having "gimme" fights when they're on the elite level. i didn't like it when floyd did it against bruseles, so i'd be a hypocrite to think this is ok.
You might not like it, but it's something that's always happen through out the years. Elite fighters are always going to have gimmie fights. No matter what. Every elite fighter has done it

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
California boxing writer Robert Morales is quoting Bob Arum saying that Oscar De La Hoya will rematch Floyd Mayweather Jr next. Golden Boy Promotions are not confirming the fight, but are not denying it. Which if true, means that Arum’s star Miguel Cotto won’t be fighting either of them next.

An insider at Top Rank has said that Miguel Cotto may now fight The Contender’s Alfonso Gomez on April 26, with Antonio Margarito facing Zab Judah in the co-feature. Wins by Cotto and Margarito could result in them meeting later in the year. A Miguel Cotto-Shane Mosley rematch is also being considered.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
YES! Please give me the rematch of Mosley-Cotto. Maybe they will get it right this time dammit.

As far as Cotto-Gomez I have no problem with it honestly. It makes sense to me, and I feel like Cotto deserves an easier fight to hone his skills just a little more before supposedly teeing off against Margarito, who will kill him.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Gomez is alright this will obviously be his toughest test .. I dont think he will beat Cotto I could see it going like 8-9 Rounds with a Cotto KO .. Gomez seemed tough on the contender and then he fought Gatti(old) and then Ben Tackie Who is Crap too .. they could have found someone better but it might be enjoyable .. soon find out

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I could see it going the distance if Gomez moved A LOT, but I don't think he will go against what he does like that. A stoppage around 9 or 10 sounds about right.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
But is Cotto fighting on the undercard? if thats true that makes no sense, i mean why is he fighting on a undercard when Judah is the main event?

1 - 20 of 168 Posts