Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
well floyd sure would'nt ko the chinny cotto but wouldn't stand and trade either, i think cotto would catch up to floyd late around 9 or 10 and get a tko while being behind on the scorecards.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Well, Cotto is a harder puncher than Baldomir, and is probably a squeak quicker, but Doesnt have the chin Baldomir has. Would be a fun one to watch. If Floyd didnt do his 1-2-run, he could have some trouble. But he WOULD do his 1-2-run, so yes Floyd would win by decision.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i expected you to say (tommy gun). Floyd would dance around cotto all night. UD

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
At this point in his career and after seeing how he gets better fight after fight. I would have to say that Cotto would win. He might even get a ko.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bare in mind cotto hasnt a great chin and has been shock up several times. Mayweather combinations and handspeed would make it very tricky for cotto to land. I would say Mayweather wins by UD or even lat stoppage

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Cotto ? not a chance ,it would be just like Gatti, maybe take Floyd just a little longer , Cotto defenetly not fast enougth ,he should wait for Floyd to leave the division all together , than maybe take on Hatton ,that should be a war.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
HUGOBOX said:
Cotto ? not a chance ,it would be just like Gatti, maybe take Floyd just a little longer , Cotto defenetly not fast enougth ,he should wait for Floyd to leave the division all together , than maybe take on Hatton ,that should be a war.
cotto wants no peice of hatton, the fight he'll go for is the winner of williams vs margarito, which tony will win, then we'll have a fight of the year contender in margarito and cotto. by the way oktay urkal is cotto's next fight ( mando ) and urkal aint an easy dance for anybody.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO Tommygunn. Cotto will beat Hatton. And he will beat margarito but Williams will beat Margarito so the fight at the end of all this will be Williams vs Cotto. Thats just my take on it. But we all know that Margarito ducked and is still ducking Williams. So that fight wont happen. And Hatton couldnt handle it at 147 so the fight will be Cotto vs Margarito or Castillo

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
lets put our points where our mouths are here then because your so far off the mark here you'd think they'd moved it, i would sujest i private bet. margarito is the best welterweight in the world and hatton is the best lightwelterweight its not heresay its fact.

margarito will stop williams much like he did cintron who's punches were bouncing off margie and ill tell you cintron hits about a zillion times harder than williams does. cotto's had writen offers to fight hatton which arum refused flat. this was the fight the hatton camp wanted after kostya. lets put our points where or mouths are here. 5000 a fight.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tommygunn said:
lets put our points where our mouths are here then because your so far off the mark here you'd think they'd moved it, i would sujest i private bet. margarito is the best welterweight in the world and hatton is the best lightwelterweight its not heresay its fact.

margarito will stop williams much like he did cintron who's punches were bouncing off margie and ill tell you cintron hits about a zillion times harder than williams does. cotto's had writen offers to fight hatton which arum refused flat. this was the fight the hatton camp wanted after kostya. lets put our points where or mouths are here. 5000 a fight.
TOMMY i like a bet. ill say 10,000 on margarito. yes hes awsome

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson said:
TOMMY i like a bet. ill say 10,000 on margarito. yes hes awsome
im not beting against tony im tiping him. :laugh: no work for me tomorow so im going to dedicate a thread to margarito vids.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
If I got 5000 at the time of the fight then you got it. And your example to me is the Cintron fight. Cintron is only 1 step up from being a ESPN fighter. Come on now. And lets be serious. Williams hits harder than Cintron. And if Hatton wanted a Cotto fight right after the Kostya fight im glad Cotto didnt take it. Cotto is a up and comming fighter. He gets better with every fight Hatton is in his prime At the time of the fight Hatton would have been to much for Cotto but now Cotto would destroy him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
cintron is now a champion and his only loss came against the brilliant margarito, no way in hell does williams punch near as hard as a cintron a cotto or a margie thats just stupid talk.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Cintron is a joke. He is just a step up from being a ESPN fighter. I dont like him like Tommygunn dont like Taylor.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
im not saying cintron is "the" man at 147 im just saying he's beter than most people are giving him credit for, the guy's had somthing like 27 wins with 25ko's anything he touches seems to go down, now he tagged margarito with a few good shots and tony never flinshed, then tony puts a real explosive 4 rounds on and destroys cintron. at one point before the margarito fight all the experts were saying this was the new trinidad and he could rule the division and hey he has come back strong and won a major title, paul williams just doesn't hit nearly as hard as him nd margarito will take him apart.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
If he took hes punches that just showed that Cintron really is garbage. Williams will be the next p4p king.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
have you even seen williams fight :confused: because if you have you your either his brother or you know absolutly nothing about boxing. williams is not a 1 punch ko artist he punches in buches, he is wide open sharmba tagged him about a zillion times with right hands, he hasn't got any real skills to talk off, the only thing he has is reach and height. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Oh no he is still a work in progress. I said that he will be the king. He gets better and better with every fight just like Taylor did.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Oh no he is still a work in progress. I said that he will be the king. He gets better and better with every fight just like Taylor did.
work in progress. :laugh: . did you see his last fight against santos pagaua:laugh: . this guy had been ko'd in 2 of his last 4 fights and it took the 6ft1 punnisher 6 rounds to stop this bum, a margarito or cotto would have despatched him in 1or2 less worthy names have, the guy was giving about a foot in height away to williams who was dreadful :laugh:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts