Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 507 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I decided to let you all know exactly how I see this fight. When I finish this I am going to close the thread. I don't need any responses. I will open in back up after the fight.

I see Cotto beating the shitt out of Margarito. I see a fight where Cotto will box at times and get inside as well. Many of you may be surprised that Cotto wins the inside fighting as well. I think a lot of you will also be surprised that Cotto will NOT get hurt from a punch to the head tonight. Not at all. He may wince a little from a body shot, but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING is going to stop him. I rate Margarito as a B- fighter. I'm not going to be one of the many (like a lot of you) who call Cotto the second coming after he clowns Margarito. I expect this fight to look like round 1-6 of the Paul Williams fight X5 and this time it will last the 12th. Cotto will stand outside and jab, boom, Marg's head snaps back...Cotto moves laterally, probing, waiting, boom, jab, head snaps back. He'll be able to slow Margarito down with his jab. When Margarito gets inside I expect Cotto to see everything coming and counter him like the garbage he is. Cotto is going to make Margarito look like an amateur. You will all see. If I'm wrong, fukk it. I totally missed this one.

-Shane

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
marg is slow enough to look bad, but he won;t get a shut out.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
you forgot that VD is gonna be there and is gonna try to bang Evangelista Cotto. :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Cotto vs Margarito Results

Tonys a machine, that fight was insane.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I want a rematch already. Cotto can beat him and would ebat him 9 times out of ten.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well done Margarito for proving all of the doubters wrong, even though I had Cotto winning. Cotto threw some great shots but Margarito walked through them. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'm still amazed.. Margarito is what he is, a solid wall.

I dont know, was it just my impression, or Cotto was short armed today? (if you dont get what I mean, I mean he wasnt stretching to land his punches, he was commiting to his punches the way he used to)

Great win for Margarito

G

·
Props to Margarito. Cotto schooled him the first 5 rounds but he turned it around in an amazing way. Cotto was never the same from the first time he was hurt. If Cotto had Margarito's chin he'd win almost a shut out. I'm taking nothing away from Margarito though, great fight.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I also had Cotto winning...I guess PBF is still ducking Cotto now :laugh:
er mayweather "retired" before this fight.

one thing i mentioned about 3 weeks ago is if marg wins, will mayweather fan say that cotto is overrated and not gonna be a challenge to mayweather.

cotto would still give floyld a great fight imo.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Man I wished I reached the vbookie on time, I voted that Marg would win this fight but not through stoppage.

G

·
This fight has no bearing on the Mayweather fight. Margarito and Mayweather have the complete opposite styles. I still give Cotto a great chance against Floyd.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
er mayweather "retired" before this fight.

one thing i mentioned about 3 weeks ago is if marg wins, will mayweather fan say that cotto is overrated and not gonna be a challenge to mayweather.

cotto would still give floyld a great fight imo.
Yea it was a joke :laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I had Cotto ahead as well. A bit disappointed but props to margy. Dude takes a good punch. Not satisfied with him as the champ though. Cotto is still the better boxer imo. Rematch.

1 - 20 of 507 Posts