Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THoughts?

Dan Rafael said that, and also said it would be a cant miss, all action fight. Your thoughts?

(He also announced that the crowd at CASTILLO-HATTON was just over 13,000)

"You want a massive, massive fight? You want the most passionate crowd of the decade? Match Ricky Hatton with Miguel Cotto in a welterweight championship fight and put it in Yankee Stadium, which has a storied tradition of hosting prize fights. Cotto's fight with Zab Judah drew a record 20,658 to a sold-out Madison Square Garden on June 9. They were mostly Cotto's Puerto Rican fans. Hatton brought 13,044 to the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas to see him fight Jose Luis Castillo last weekend in Las Vegas. More than 10,000 of those fans were Brits, who traveled across the pond to see the Manchester hero. Madison Square Garden isn't big enough for Cotto-Hatton. If they fought each other they could very well pack 50,000 into the ballpark for what would be a can't-miss all-action fight. "

I say this fight is over the rainbow because this fight will happen, both are young, and both are on the brink of major superstardom and both are already superstars in their own backyard.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I felt this topic needed a thread of its own seeing how all the hatton and cotto threads seem to turn into this anywayz. Lets get the discusion going.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
It would be an unbelievable fight no doubt. Hatton said today he would love to fight Cotto, and how good of a fight that would be Hatton. Strength disadvantage or not, Ricky will fight the same as always... he wont back down, Cotto wont back down.. somethings gotta give:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
hattons fought the better fighters, hattons beat the better fighters, hatton is the better fighter!

lets see cotto fight a real livebody at 147, not a unknown like quintana, an old non punching 140 guy like urkal or a past his best zab who had 2 L's and a no contest in his last 3 fights.

bob arums is playing a blinder, he's matching cotto against guys who will make him look invinsable when he's clearly not, his 140 career proved this, torres and chop-chop always spring to mind.

just think if hatton had fought cotto on those nights, cotto would have been destroyed, EASILY!!!!

IMHO, cotto has improvd a bit from those days though but its so plain to see that he's not anywhere near as good as hatton, i have to laugh at those guys who claim cotto to be a better body puncher than hatton. look at the JLC ko, hattons done that to at least 25 of his 33 ko victims.

hatton clearly beats cotto, hatton v floyd is the only fight that should be getting made these days!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mayweather and hatton is already in the works but i completely disagree with hatton easily beating cotto or even beating cotto for that matter. Hatton beat an old tsyu, a noon puncning 147 who he struggled with an a way old castillo. I wouldnt say he has fought the better opposition.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Cotto will break lil Hatton down at 147. Mayweather vs. Hatton needs to be made asap. Cotto is better than Hatton in my eyes Tommy. Castillo took a dive ;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
an old kostya?

the same old kostya who had destroyed sharmba just 7 months prior to the hatton fight. LMAO at that statement lance.

who has cotto fought remotley anywhere near the kostya, floyd, hatton level?

i think your answers will be zab, the same zab who got destroyed by a journeyman called baldomir and the same zab who isnt a true 147lb fighter.

arums really got you guys on the hook here, IMO anyone who claims cotto to be that good is a bit naive!!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Past his prime or not, Tszyu would have KOd any other 140lbs fighter and was top 5 P4P fighter at the time. Castillo took a dive? By the wink im guessing thats a joke lol that body shot was absolutely brutal.. one of the best i can remember landing in recent times..

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
kostya had just turned 35 and was still very much on top of his game, sharmba was #2 at the weight deservedly when kostya destroyed him just before the hatton fight.

castillo took a dive? ROFLMFAO!!!

a mexican warrior, future hof'er and a proud fighter taking a dive? still ROFLMFAO!!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol tommy, i laughed at that too, i presume by the wink it was a joke though.. he doesnt normally make comments like that so il give him the benefit;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
lol tommy, i laughed at that too, i presume by the wink it was a joke though.. he doesnt normally make comments like that so il give him the benefit;)
it had to be a joke. LOL

a guy who had never been down in his whole career and took pride from that fact doesnt take a dive.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont think castillo took a dive, but i do think he got old over night. I give hatton all the credit in the world and is easily the best fighter at 140. But not at 147 or 154.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so is hatton :cheeky4: just playin guys. ok, scratch 154 from hattons list. But just the fact that you say he has no chance at 154, already makes him no floyd mayweather who new from the get go at 130 he would have to go to damn near middlewight to get the guy he wanted in oscar.

To stay on topic, this fight isnt going to happen anytime soon but it may happen in a year or 2.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The highest weight Hatton has gone is 147, the heighest weight Floyd has gone is 154.. it makes sense when Hatton's 5'6 and floyd's 5'8 lol that doesnt make floyd any better imo.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if it doesnt make floyd better, let them fight at 154, hell its notthat big of a deal, floyd will still only weigh 148 - 150. at least hatton would get a chance to be a 3 division champ.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The thing is though Hatton will probably come into this fight about 143-145lbs rather than the full 147. His trainer said that he will sacrifice some weight to make the speed and get the footwork.. fighting a smaller guy, this could be the best chance Floyd has to take the initiative and put on a show, theres no excuses this time.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts