Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
We will start this 30 minutes before the event starts. PrettyBoyFloyd will be the one doing this play by play, His name is shane if you have any questions. If you are reading this and are a new member, thank you for signing up and hope you stick around for many discussions and many more play by plays

Ortiz stops Maussa in the first round. Maussa is pathetically slow and throws wide, looping punches. Easy fight for Ortiz.

Joel Casamayor- Jose Armando Santa Cruz fight is up next. Casamayor is as boring as they get. Santa Cruz will win this fight handily. After 6 Casamayor is cut on his nose and above his left eye. Well, Casamayor loses his champion status to Santa Cruz. That was a horrible performance by Casamayor, and I believe firmly that he is absolutely done. This sets up a Juan Diaz-Santa Cruz showdown. Wow, nevermind. The judges gave the fight to Casamayor by split decision. This is by far the worst decision of this year. Santa Cruz got robbed, and Casamayor just became the most hated fighter right now. That is what is wrong with boxing. DIE judges, DIE!

Cotto and Mosley have arrived at Madison Square Garden. Cotto looks calm and focused. Mosley looks confident and relaxed. Upon being told by the referee in charge that he would not accept any low blows by Cotto and that the ref would be watching for low blows, Cotto said "I will do whatever it takes to win the fight." If Cotto goes low on Mosley I will lose all respect for him. National anthems are being sang.

Margarito-Johnson: Both guys are in the ring. Fight starts in 5 minutes. Cotto-Mosley starts in 45 minutes. Margarito stops Goldmember in the first round in a pointless fight. Cotto-Mosley is next. 25 minutes until fight time.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 1...

Mosley is wearing black and white. Cotto is wearing white and gold. Mosley and Cotto are in the ring. Mosely swings and misses with a wild right early on. Mosely pumped his jab, and landed good body shots. Cotto landed a great left hook and right hand, Mosely acknowledged the shots. Punch stats: Cotto landed 17/50. Mosely landed 15/32.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 2...

Very good round. Mosely started off landing stiff jabs. Cotto landed a good right over the top. Mosely landed a real good right over Cotto's shoulder and right on the temple. Cotto backs up. Mosely lands another good right hand and followed up with a left uppercut that hit Cotto smack in the nose. Punch stats: Mosely- 15/27, Cotto-11/27.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 3...

Mosely lands a big right, then body shot. Cotto comes after Mosely. Mosely back peddles. Mosely lands some jabs. Mosely lands a great, long, left hook counter over Cotto's right. Cotto lands a great left hook. Mosely's knees buckle. Mosely lands a great right. The round ends in an exchange. Punch stats: Cotto-21/70, Mosely- 27/73.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 4...

Mosely and Cotto go toe-toe. Mosely getting the better of Cotto with his superior accuracy and hand speed. They back off from each other. Cotto lands some good body shots. They exchange again. Cotto won the exchange. Mosely lands a good, looping right over Cotto's jab. Cotto is landing some good left hooks. Mosely landed a good 1-2. Cotto landed some good body shots. Cotto lands another big left hook. Punch stats: Sorry I missed them. my bad. :(

Mosley 10-9

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 5...

Cotto goes a little low. They square up for about 30 seconds. Mosely lands a good uppercut. Cotto lands a good left hook-right hook combo to the body. Mosely and Cotto hurt each other in an exchange. Mosely lands more counter right hands. Cotto lands a good right hand to the chin. Total punches: Cotto-113/304. Mosely- 104/332.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 6...

Cotto lands good body shots. Mosely lands stiff jabs. Mosely lands a good right uppercut to the solar plexus. Cotto lands a good jab. Good right hand by Cotto. Another big right by Cotto. Mosely comes back with good body shots and a right cross-left hook combo. MOsely back peddles and throws the jab. Cotto lands 2 right and a left hook. Mosely continues to back peddle. Mosely lands a good flurry to the head. Mosely lands a good right at the end. Punch stats: 22/62, Mosely-22/60.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 7...

Mosely lands a good over hand right. Cotto lands a stiff jab. Mosely lands a right lead. Cotto lands 2 stiff jabs in a row. Mosely lands a big right hand, Cotto responds with another big right hand. Cotto switches to south paw and right back to orthodox. Cotto works the obdy in a clinch. COtto lands a hard left hook to the body. Mosely lands a hard jab. Cotto lands 2 jabs and a right. Punch stats: Cotto 14/50, Mosely- 17/52.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 8...
Mosely and Cotto exchange jabs. Cotto lands a good left hook. Mosely lands a good right uppercut. Cotto switches to southpaw and back. Mosely lands another right hand over the top. Mosely dances away and throws jabs. Cotto feints a jab to the stomach and hits MOsely with a right ot the jaw. Mosely continues to dance away jabbing. Mosely out jabs Cotto. Punch stats: Cotto- 20/51, Mosely- 16/52.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 9...

Mosely lands a good left hook. Cotto lands a good right hook to the body. Cotto lands a good right hook-left hook combo to the body and head. Mosely lands a good 1-2. Cotto lands a great left hook that rocks Mosely. They trade body shots. Cotto's left eye is starting to swell. Mosely buckles Cotto's knees with a good right. Cotto backs up. Mosely pecks at him with the jab. They exchange punches in the corner. They exchange punches with Cotto's back to the ropes. Mosely landed a huge right hand. Mosely stalks Cotto. Punch stats: Cotto-14/33, Mosely- 17/35

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 10...

Mosely lands a good right hand. Cotto staggers back. Mosely stalks Cotto. Cotto swings wildly back. Mosely lands 2 right uppercuts to the stomach. Cotto continues to back up. Mosely lands another big right hand. Cotto lands good body shots. Mosely lands a good right uppercut-left hook combo to the head. Cotto lands a good left hook. Mosely backs up getting hit with a left and a right and another right. Cotto lands a big left hand. Total punch stats: Cotto 130/355 , Mosely 151/377.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 11...

Mosely lands a good flurrie. Cotto has a cut on the inside of his mouth. Cotto lands a hard right. Mosely lands 2 good, left hooks to the body. Mosely stalks Cotto. Cotto landed 3 good lefts. Mosely responds with a heavy left hook to the body. Mosely stalks Cotto. Cotto counters Mosely with a right hand. Cotto lands a good shot to the stomach. Mosely lands a slow right to the head. Cotto lands a huge left hand. Punch stats: Cotto- 236/311 Mosely 236/3?? (sorry missed it again).

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Round 12...

FINAL ROUND. Mosely and Cotto exchange jabs. Cotto backs up. Mosely looks for openings behind the jab. Moesly lands accurate jabs and misses with a right over top. Cotto back peddles. Mosely slips and falls. They exchange uppercuts to the body. Mosely stalks Cotto. Cotto comes back with some left hooks and right hooks. Mosely lands some more jabs. Cotto continues to back peddle. Mosely chaces Cotto. Mosely and Cotto exchange blows. They square up in the last 10 seconds.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference is between central and mountain time, but the Mosley fight will likely start in one hour and ten minutes. Or ten pm central time.

Also, welcome to the best boxing site on the internet man. I hope you enjoy my play-by-play. Stick around and you will see why this site is so highly regarded amongst boxing fanatics. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I'm new here and wondering if I am at the right spot for the play by play or round by round, as it seems pretty quiet here. Maybe there's a different thread?

thanks so much

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
No, you are in the right spot, we are just talking about the BS call in Cruz-Casamayor in the genreral section.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.