Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who hit harder? Many said that Bruno is the hardest puncher in boxing. Another question, did Mike Tyson and Frank Bruno ever spar during the early 1980s?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
What year? I'd have to go check the book out again but I know for a fact that it happened and tyson made bruno leave the gym and never come back.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Who said Bruno was one of the hardest hitters? I could name like 20 hw from that era that hit harder.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
The reason Bruno could crack some bumheads with his punches was his physical strenght, he was a bulky... But he wasnt a good boxer so he couldnt find himself in a good position to throw a good punch often in a fight. Anyways, he couldnt hit harder than many guys of his era...Tyson, Bowe, Lewis, Big George, Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer, Michael Moorer, Razor Ruddock - I think they all could hit harder or at elast as hard as him..

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
All those guys you mentioned would and did kicked his ass. he was one big sorry dude, didn't he started having mental problems latetly

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I think the people that talk about bruno and his power , base it off his physique. No doubt he could hit pretty hard, he stunned lennox a few times in their battle, but his physical presence is decieiving.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Whaaaaaaat, Bruno had a bad chin...:eek:

Wow, Frank had a very good chin, his problem was his defence or lack of it, ive seen all his fights and he could take a damn good shot. He rarely went down, infact, i think he was only down twice in his career.

When he got tagged instead of going down he would stand up and take a barage of punches, correct me if im wrong but fighters with bad chins dont do this.

Frank was one of the biggest punchers of his generation there is no doubting this!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts