Combo's: 9
Defense: 7
Adaptability: 3

"i'll fukk you till you love me, fa.ggot"
-Mike Tyson.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Power: 9 (Only Foreman/Shavers would get 10 IMO)
Speed: 10 (I don't understand how this isn't rated 10 by everyone:confused: )
Chin: 8
Stamina: 7
Heart: 5
Footwork: 8
Combo's: 10
Defence: 8 (at his peak he was very hard to hit)
Adaptability: 5

70/80

·
Registered
841 Posts
Power:10
Speed:8
Chin:8
Stamina:7
Heart:5
Footwork:7
Combo's:8
Defence:8
Adaptability:7

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Power: 7.5
Speed: 9
Chin: 7
Stamina: 6
Heart: 4
Footwork: 6
Combo's: 10
Defence: 8
Adaptability: 6

·
Registered
830 Posts
Power 9
Speed 9
Chin 8
Stamina 6
Heart 5
Footwork 7
Combos 9
defence 6 .....7 in the cus days when he had latteral head movement an bobbed and weaved
adaptability 5

finishing ???

I would give a 10 for finishing

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Bill1234 & BoxingManiac why did you only give Tyson a 7.5 & 6.5 for power? He's easily one of the hardest hitters of all time. I think he had atleast a 9. His speed is a 9-10. I think if you think on Heavyweight scale, he's a 10. But overall, he's a 9. And some people have his defence low, his bobbing and weaving was extremely effective and hitting a prime Tyson was a fk load easier said then done.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Bill1234 & BoxingManiac why did you only give Tyson a 7.5 & 6.5 for power? He's easily one of the hardest hitters of all time. I think he had atleast a 9. His speed is a 9-10. I think if you think on Heavyweight scale, he's a 10. But overall, he's a 9. And some people have his defence low, his bobbing and weaving was extremely effective and hitting a prime Tyson was a fk load easier said then done.
Agree, especially about the speed for weight comment.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
[

Power: 8
Speed: 8
Chin: 6
Stamina: 5
Heart: 5
Footwork: 7
Combo: 7.5
Defence: 5
Adaptability: 4

Note: I'm taking the standards of my College, where 5 is enough to keep going and get approved. So, as example, stamina 5 is okay for a 12 rounds bout, just enough to make it, but nothing great.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I gave him an 8.5 because I don't think he was on par in power with the likes of Shavers, Foreman, Cooney, Baer, or Marciano. He seemed to rely on his great timing and accuracy to knock people down/out. He definately had a lot of power, but his knockouts look much worse than they truly were with the exceptions of Berbick and Botha.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
These represent '85-'91 Mike Tyson

Power: 9.5
Speed: 9.5
Chin: 9.0
Stamina: 8.5
Heart: 8.0
Footwork: 8.5
Combo's: 9.5
Defence: 9.0
Adaptability: 7.5

Average: 8.8

No Heavyweight would rate higher if I had to rate them for the best single segment of their career. Mike Tyson at one time was the greatest Heavyweight of all time. He's the Roy Jones of the Heavyweight division.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
This is based on Mike Tyson at his best on a heavyweight scale.

Power: 9
Speed: 9.5
Chin: 8
Stamina: 8.5
Heart: 8
Footwork: 8.5
Combo's: 9
Defense: 8.5
Adaptability: 7

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I'd just like to make a comment about Tyson's chin to people. When he went down for the first time against Douglass, that was perhaps the greatest KO combination ever put together by a Heavyweight. It's on everyone's list I know of when it comes to greatest KOs of all time of any weight class. I mean Douglass had EVERYTHING behind those shots and it was a bundle of them. And Tyson was still able to beat the count, after taking 6 extra seconds to pick his mouth piece up (something he did not have to do). Had he not bothered to go for the mouthpiece, I think the fight would have gone the distance.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Tyson's punch was a great punch, but is a tad overrated. The punch is not what knocked out most of his opponents, but the combos coupling with the punching power. A lot of boxers would have been able to take one punch, the problem is taking 8 or 9 in a row. Thats why Douglas beat Tyson, because Tyson could not get any combos off. Baer, Foreman, and Marciano could do that in one punch.

And about Tyson's chin, he never really had to go up against a great puncher like Foreman, Liston, Baer or Marciano. I think he did not have the power to sustain punches like that.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Tyson's punch was a great punch, but is a tad overrated. The punch is not what knocked out most of his opponents, but the combos coupling with the punching power. A lot of boxers would have been able to take one punch, the problem is taking 8 or 9 in a row. Thats why Douglas beat Tyson, because Tyson could not get any combos off. Baer, Foreman, and Marciano could do that in one punch.

And about Tyson's chin, he never really had to go up against a great puncher like Foreman, Liston, Baer or Marciano. I think he did not have the power to sustain punches like that.
A shot Tyson took Lewis' punches like a champ. Lewis had to push him over to just get him to go down. Lewis hits DAMN hard and he loaded up on Tyson a LOT.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
I guess lol. I would still keep the ratings the same because a 10 would be Jess Willard or Jake Kilraine. I don't think Tyson goes near that rofl

1 - 20 of 31 Posts