Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Foreman would dismantle Tyson oh and this belongs in the history section.

Yeah but Foreman wouldave knocked Tyson out by the 8 rounds. Foreman would not get bullied by Tyson and imo is the heavier puncher of the two. Foreman would clinch for the first 3 rounds and after that the massacre would start. Foreman is the 3rd best hw of all time behind Louis and Ali imo.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm seeing Foreman chopping down Joe Frazier over and over again, but I don't think he does the same to Tyson. Foreman would hold up well to Tyson's power and eventually he'd score the big KO. I think it would be an exciting and competitive match-up.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'm seeing Foreman chopping down Joe Frazier over and over again, but I don't think he does the same to Tyson. Foreman would hold up well to Tyson's power and eventually he'd score the big KO. I think it would be an exciting and competitive match-up.
As different as you think taht Tyson and Frazier are, theres no way to deny they were swarmer like fighters, they came to their man.

A prime Foreman would beat any pressure fighter.. To beat Foreman hes gotta be outboxed, not confronted

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Tyson was alot faster than Frazier, and threw better combinations rather than relying heavily on the left hook. Tyson would have a good shot IMO, speed kills.
Yes, but he didn't have the heart, guts, nor determination that Frazier had. Those key things against Foreman. Could you really see Tyson getting up 6 times in 2 rounds? He barely gets up once when he really wants to, let alone 6.

Tyson relied heavily on intimidation, and when you take that away, you took away half of his fight. He wouldn't be able to intimidate Foreman. Foreman was a more imposing figure than he was so if anyone was going to get intimidated, it was Tyson.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes, but he didn't have the heart, guts, nor determination that Frazier had. Those key things against Foreman. Could you really see Tyson getting up 6 times in 2 rounds? He barely gets up once when he really wants to, let alone 6.

Tyson relied heavily on intimidation, and when you take that away, you took away half of his fight. He wouldn't be able to intimidate Foreman. Foreman was a more imposing figure than he was so if anyone was going to get intimidated, it was Tyson.
i agree, but foreman never come up against a fighter with the reputation mike tyson had, even foreman could be intimidated, you'd just have to be one hell of a bad ass to itimidate foreman, he was huge and an intimidating figure himself.

but once it got to the ring, i think if foreman could hold tyson off and keep him at bay for the first 3 rounds, then it would be foremans for the taking and eventually tyson would flop, he wouldn't be able to withstand the kind of punishment foreman could hand out, i mean lets be honest tyson never had that much of a heart.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

I disagree with that. In his prime Tyson had all of the above. Tyson's prime years came when he was young. I would give Tyson a good chance at beating Foreman.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
i agree, but foreman never come up against a fighter with the reputation mike tyson had, even foreman could be intimidated, you'd just have to be one hell of a bad ass to itimidate foreman, he was huge and an intimidating figure himself.

but once it got to the ring, i think if foreman could hold tyson off and keep him at bay for the first 3 rounds, then it would be foremans for the taking and eventually tyson would flop, he wouldn't be able to withstand the kind of punishment foreman could hand out, i mean lets be honest tyson never had that much of a heart.
Exactly, once he got hit hard he would stop fighting. That's one of the main things that seperates Frazier from Tyson. Frazier got hit hard and he would just get even more pissed off. By the end of the Foreman fight he was furious. But Tyson becomes afraid and doesn't want to fight anymore.

·
Registered
772 Posts
yeah, i think the fact that when tyson turned pro, he was beating anything and anyone they threw at him,
as soon as they turned the competition up and tyson started loosing fights, once he went down he wouldn't get back up,

because he was so used to being so much better then everyone else, he wasn't used to being the one to have to get himself off the canvas,

which is why in the 2nd fight against holyfield, tyson knew he was going down eventually and got himslef DQ'd to avoid the KO

don't get me wrong tyson had a great chin and was a hard fighter to KO as it was, but i think if they did fight once foreman hurt him, he'd just keep going and tyson wouldn't have the heart to fight back or the stamina to carry on, foremans punches were energy draining wrecking balls. haha

just my opinion, but thats how i think it would go.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I disagree with that. In his prime Tyson had all of the above. Tyson's prime years came when he was young. I would give Tyson a good chance at beating Foreman.
No he didn't. He just was never tested to any extent. In the 12th round of the Bonecrusher Smith fight James nailed him with a hard right hand. You could see the fight go right out of Tyson. That was in 1987, and it was obvious Tyson was glad once the round ended.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
yeah, i think the fact that when tyson turned pro, he was beating anything and anyone they threw at him,
as soon as they turned the competition up and tyson started loosing fights, once he went down he wouldn't get back up,

because he was so used to being so much better then everyone else, he wasn't used to being the one to have to get himself off the canvas,

which is why in the 2nd fight against holyfield, tyson knew he was going down eventually and got himslef DQ'd to avoid the KO

don't get me wrong tyson had a great chin and was a hard fighter to KO as it was but once foreman had hurt him, hed just keep going and tyson wouldn't have the heart to fight back.

just my opinion, but thats how i think it would go.
Tyson's chin was good, yes. He was very hard to drop with one shot. But you could badly hurt him and stun him with one shot, and he'd drop his hands and you could land a few more of those shots to drop him. The Douglas fight is a good example of this.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts