Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heavyweight. 2003. Tyson that ko'd a worthless Ettiene versus a Roy Jones who outclassed John Ruiz.

BTW Roy Jones would most likely weight in at 193 (like he did against Ruiz) and Mike would weight in at 225lbs.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Tyson. Jones Jr at heavyweight is over hyped. He beat one of the top 10 worst champions of all time, nad the #1 clincher of all time. Big deal. Tyson would KO Roy. Even though Tyson was shot, Jones Jr didn't have the chin to take Mike's still great power.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Tyson would have knocked him out. Roy was not dull and wouldn't have taken the fight while Tyson would have seen Michael Spinks allover again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tyson was very shot, I'mma go with Roy, even as a heavyweight he was incredibly fast and able to circle around men like Tyson.

·
Registered
772 Posts
it wouldn't matter whether tyson was shot or not, roy at heavyweight didn't have the power to Ko tyson, but tyson always had the power to KO anyone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
by the time Tyson had his feet planted Roy would have been long gone, backing up with the left jab

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It depends when the fight takes place. '88-98, Tyson may have very well killed Jones. After that, Jones would have been a bit more successful executing his Ruiz gameplan, but all it would have taken was one shot to change everything. Prime Iron Mike wins by brutal KO that makes what Glen Johnson did to him look like a kick in the shin from a little girl (no disrespect at all meant toward Johnson). Tired Mike without his heart in it probably gets outpointed easily, but the threat is always there.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
It depends when the fight takes place. '88-98, Tyson may have very well killed Jones. After that, Jones would have been a bit more successful executing his Ruiz gameplan, but all it would have taken was one shot to change everything. Prime Iron Mike wins by brutal KO that makes what Glen Johnson did to him look like a kick in the shin from a little girl (no disrespect at all meant toward Johnson). Tired Mike without his heart in it probably gets outpointed easily, but the threat is always there.
Oh I agree. I figured we were talking primes.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
If RJ can stay away from Tyson's power shots, I can see a UD. But if he can't Tyson by KO.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Tyson. Jones Jr at heavyweight is over hyped. He beat one of the top 10 worst champions of all time, nad the #1 clincher of all time. Big deal. Tyson would KO Roy. Even though Tyson was shot, Jones Jr didn't have the chin to take Mike's still great power.
Jack Johnson was the best clincher ever lived.

I think Tyson would get a flash KO, unless if Jones was able to keep up with Tyson's work rate.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.