Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former WBA and WBC supermiddle champ Mikkel Kessler returns to action June 21 with a World title fight at the Brondby Stadium on the outskirts of Copenhagen. Neither which title nor opponent is announced in the press release from Team Palle..

Kessler is the mandatory challenger for WBA titleholder Anthony Mundine, who appears to have other plans than to fight the Dane which would leave the title vacant come June so it seems likely that it will be for the WBA crown. As for who will be in the other corner the field is open for speculation. On Wednesday in Copenhagen Team Palle and Kessler will announce the opponent, sign the contract and reveal the master plan that will take the "Viking Warrior" back to the top.

The Dane, who now resides in Monaco, is back in Copenhagen and have begun training at the CIK gym and as always with Ricard Olsen as trainer.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
His opponent should be announced on May 7th apparently. It will be against someone high ranked on the WBA rankings i would guess, if hes fighting for their vacant belt.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Im thinking Oganov or Tysypko.

But hey, Pale hasn't anounced what weight the fight as at. Kessler has hinted at moving up and the WBA title at 175 has been vacant since Green retired.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im just curious who its gonna be.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I hope someone picks this up like espn classic because I believe hbo and showtime both have schedule fights on this date.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Here is the WBA top 10 rankings. Its more than likely it'll be one of these guys Kessler fights. Slim pickings.

#1 Mikkel Kessler.
#2 Edison Miranda (obligated)
#3 Danilo Haussler
#4 Dimitri Sartison
#5 Gusmyl Perdoma
#6 Jean Paul Mendy
#7 Jean Pascal
#8 Stjephan Bozic
#9 Chritian Sanavia
#10 Mads Larsen

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Mads Larsen might be easy to make, with both being Danish and Larsen might still be with Palle (i think i read somewhere he isn't anymore though). No fights on there really stand out as fights i would like to see, Hugo Garay at 175lbs is a big possibility.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Just talked to my dad and if the date is right ill be at ringside :) Altho he opponent problaby wont be that good its always fun to see fights live :D

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
This **** stinks, Mikkel Kessler is a real good fighter but NO ONE should be fighting for any 'title' if they lost in the fight before. The only case it should be allowed is if it's lost in a closely contested bout and it's a rematch.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah ive seen him fight twice live, i saw him knock out Markus Beyer wich was great.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
AA sucks but Miranda sucks even more, AA has a steel chin and can take Mirandas punches, AA by UD

1 - 20 of 34 Posts