1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mikkel Kessler v Edison Miranda
24th May 2008
Weight: Super-middle

LAS VEGAS -- Former super middleweight titleholder Mikkel Kessler and trash-talking, power-punching contender Edison Miranda will meet May 24, multiple sources involved in the fight told ESPN.com

The sources said that one of the stipulations in the agreement, which has been negotiated but is not signed, is that the bout will not take place in Florida, where Miranda promoter Seminole Warriors Boxing is based.

I think this will be a fight worth staying up for :thumbsup:

Am going with Kessler KO 8

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Kessler will stop Pantera inside 6 rounds, he's a bigger puncher than Pavlik IMO.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edison is too much of a one dimessional fighter. He's a bad trash talker aswell. I can remember his pre-fight press conference when he was fighting Kelly Pavlik. And he wasn't even talking about Kelly, he was talking about how he was going to knock Jermain Taylor out after he beat Kelly.

Kelly just said am going to knock you out. Good shout :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I see Kessler winning by UD and I dont think he is a bigger puncher than Pavlik

·
Registered
652 Posts
Have Gloves will travel!
Credit to both as they are showing once again that they will fight anyone, anywhere.

Kessler is the better technical boxer but he is not fleet footed enough and it will be interesting to see how he handles Miranda's power.

I'm still of the mind that Miranda was weight drained against Pavlik though Pavlik could Ko anyone. Kessler hits hard but not like Pavlik.

Miranda is technically getting better but for this fight he has to turn it into a brawl and I think Kessler is the type to get dragged in which will be his downfall.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Kessler just needs to go back to his way of fighting and thats throwing a bunch of punches.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yup if he boxes like he did against Andrade he will embarres Miranda, but i hope he will be a little more agressive and knock Miranda out for all the Americans watching :D Then he can go and get the big guys in his weight range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kessler is a bigger puncher than both Pavlik and Miranda.
After 1-2 rounds Kessler will become the agressor and will take out Miranda in 6th or 7th round.

To be honest I'm not very fond of Pavlik, he's a nice guy who always show respect towards his opponents. I just don't see much in him boxing wise. Ok he beat Taylor twice (or at least one time :p), but he was down himself in that fight. If Pavlik ever met a guy like Kessler he would get in biiig trouble and probably wouldn't last all the way. :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If kessler went toe to toe with pavlik in a all out brawl i think pavlik would tko him.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Believe me when i tell you that Kesslers power is much more than Jermaine Taylors, and Taylor was one punch away from ending the first fight, if kessler wouldave landed those punches Pavlik never wouldave made it.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Believe me when i tell you that Kesslers power is much more than Jermaine Taylors, and Taylor was one punch away from ending the first fight, if kessler wouldave landed those punches Pavlik never wouldave made it.
Pavlik was being careless when he got caught. He was up at 2 or 3 and survived Taylor's onslaught. When the next round started he had completely recovered. He also took a lot of flush right hands from Miranda and didn't even flinch. His chin is pretty good.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Never said his chin is bad but i said that Kessler would not have problems knocking him out if he got careless and started banging with him and the same goes with Kessler, thats why everyone wants to see this fight, it would be so exiting cause they could knock eachother out any given moment.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If miranda keeps constant pressure on kessler and does not get careless, i think miranda has
a good shot at scoring a knock out.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Never said his chin is bad but i said that Kessler would not have problems knocking him out if he got careless and started banging with him and the same goes with Kessler, thats why everyone wants to see this fight, it would be so exiting cause they could knock eachother out any given moment.
This fight would be a barn-burner!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If kessler went toe to toe with pavlik in a all out brawl i think pavlik would tko him.
I totally disagree with this, but thats the great thing. No one will know anything for sure unless the fight happens. ;)

I just don't see this fight happen anytime soon. Kessler probably wants to go for belts at SMW, and I haven't heard any talk from Pavlik of moving up to SMW and try his luck.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I totally disagree with this, but thats the great thing. No one will know anything for sure unless the fight happens. ;)

I just don't see this fight happen anytime soon. Kessler probably wants to go for belts at SMW, and I haven't heard any talk from Pavlik of moving up to SMW and try his luck.
Pavlik plans on moving up in weight in 2009.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts