Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOLLYWOOD, FL, May 23 – With training camp well underway for his June 21st rematch with Arthur Abraham, some have suggested that super middleweight contender Edison Miranda has been uncharacteristically quiet before the biggest fight of his career..

Not so, says ‘Pantera’.

“Oh, I’ve been talking,” laughed Miranda from his training camp in San Juan, Puerto Rico. “Every day I hit the heavy bag, I’m calling Abraham’s name out and with each punch. That’s the goal. Do what I did the last time, and improve on it by finishing the job. Abraham won’t hear the final bell on June 21st.”

In their first bout in September of 2006, Miranda broke Abraham’s jaw in two places before losing a controversial 12 round decision. This time, Miranda vows revenge.

“I’ve never been this focused for a fight,” said Miranda. “My only concern is that because this is Abraham’s first fight in the US, after I knock him out people will think I just took out a nobody. That’s okay though, people will always remember him as the guy on my highlight reel.”

Arthur Abraham vs Edison Miranda II, a 12 round super middleweight attraction, headlines a night of professional boxing presented by Seminole Warriors Boxing and Sauerland Event. Showtime World Championship Boxing will televise this highly-anticipated rematch from Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Florida beginning at 9pm ET / PT.

Tickets for Abraham-Miranda II, priced at $202, $152, $102, and $52 are now on sale and may be purchased at the Hard Rock Live Box Office or TicketMaster.com.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Miranda is going to take a beating in this one.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
AA has improved a lot from the first fight and he fought with his jaw broke in two places from the 2nd.

Miranda has not improved, i think theres a chance he'll get stopped late here.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AA has improved a lot from the first fight and he fought with his jaw broke in two places from the 2nd.

Miranda has not improved, i think theres a chance he'll get stopped late here.
bet on this one tommy ?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I think Abraham also looked worse than usual after having his jaw broken. The fight could very well go to Abraham, but I've watched his last two fights, and I haven't been impressed. I can't stand Miranda, but I think he'll take this one. Also, I view Abraham fighting outside of Germany as HUGE for Miranda.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm actually leaning toward Abraham in this fight. People seem to forget that the first fight wasn't one-sided. Abraham hurt Miranda more than once. Abraham is the more skilled of the two
I'm taking Miranda. By knock out. I think he'll be to strong for him at the higher weight. And I'm curious at how Abraham will react fighting in the US for the first time. Will he freeze up?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'm wondering about Abraham fighting in the US for the first time too. But I think he'll be alright. With a potential Pavlik fight up ahead, he can't afford to freeze up. I think Abraham has more to lose if he loses. He'll be at his best

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Abraham better look a hell of alot better then he did his last fight, but i have Miranda
by late ko or ud.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Abraham better look a hell of alot better then he did his last fight, but i have Miranda
by late ko or ud.
I think he stops AA around the 6th round

1 - 20 of 38 Posts