·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seminole Warriors Boxing;
Edison Miranda contemplating
legal action against Kessler!

April 4, 2008

Seminole Warriors Boxing, promoter of super middleweight contender Edison Miranda, has accused former world champion Mikkel Kessler of negotiating in bad faith with Team Miranda and SHOWTIME. Team Kessler agreeed to a May bout while at the same time trying to put together a WBA title fight against a fighter Kessler previously defeated, Anthony Mundine.

And Team Miranda is not taking this lightly.

"Given the information we've discovered regarding this disgraceful lack of integrity from Kessler and his team, we are seriously considering legal action against them," said Leon Margules, Executive Director of Seminole Warriors Boxing. "Edison is losing out on a significant payday and national television exposure because of Kessler's withdrawal from this fight, and we are going to investigate all our options in the coming days."

After a lengthy negotiation process, Denmark's Kessler agreed late last month to face Miranda in a May 24th bout to be televised on SHOWTIME. It was a matchup fans deemed to be one of the best super middleweight fights in recent years, but shortly after agreeing to the bout, Kessler withdrew, giving no reason for his withdrawal.

As Seminole Warriors Boxing discovered, the reason for Kessler's sudden case of cold feet was that at the same time he was negotiating with Team Miranda and SHOWTIME, he and his team were petitioning the WBA for a title shot against Mundine.

In a letter from WBA Vice President Gilberto Jesus Mendoza to Kessler, dated March 28, 2008, it was stated:

Dear Mr. Kessler,

The World Boxing Association would like to inform you that after considering your request and that made by Mr. Mogens Palle, Mrs. Bettina Palle and Mr. Michael Marley on your behalf, this Championships Committee has voted to appoint you as the Official Challenger of the WBA Super Middleweight World Champion, Anthony Mundine, based on your qualifications to such distinction. In a next letter we would clarify the negotiations dates on the division.

Yours truly,

Gilberto Jesus Mendoza
WBA Vice President

CC: World Championships Committee Members, Directory Members

For more information on Seminole Warrior’s Boxing, visit Seminole Warriors Boxing

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
It'll be very hard for team Miranda to win this case without any documents with a sig on them, to my knowledge there never was one.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If there is no signature, there is no case for Miranda to work on. It's a publicity stunt to highlight Kessler's avoidance of him.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Miranda really know how to thrash talk and make the others look bad.. He's not evn scheduled to fight anyone and hes making more noise than Calzaghe and Hopkins

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Miranda really know how to thrash talk and make the others look bad.. He's not evn scheduled to fight anyone and hes making more noise than Calzaghe and Hopkins
:laugh: I hadn't noticed that. He's never even won a world title yet and has created a huge buzz. At the end of the day we as boxing fans appreciate a guy who will do anything just for a fight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Miranda is just being ridicolous now.. Maybe instead of using his time putting up a big show about nothing, he should fight fighters at his own "not so high" level (tried to say it politely). And stop crying, after all he calls himself "Pantera", and I don't think I've heard a Pantera cry this much before.

Everyone should realise that a fighter (also Kessler), wants the best fight there is for them. Which really isn't and has never been fighting Miranda, who's not near being at the level of the top SMWs.

But let Miranda cry and let Kessler do something with his career, works for me.

People who call Kessler a pussy, bitch or words like that, should stop, because that really has nothing to do with anything.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
If Lennox Lewis could not sue Riddick Bowe and Rock Newman for renaging on their agree and contracted fight and instead meeeting no hopers Michael Dokes & Jesse Ferguson, the Miranda has no legal course. Unfortunately this is how boxing has got its all about easy $$$$ with less risk where has the pride of being a fighting champion gone??

·
Registered
17 Posts
If Lennox Lewis could not sue Riddick Bowe and Rock Newman for renaging on their agree and contracted fight and instead meeeting no hopers Michael Dokes & Jesse Ferguson, the Miranda has no legal course. Unfortunately this is how boxing has got its all about easy $$$$ with less risk where has the pride of being a fighting champion gone??

I don't agree, Mundine is not the easier fight. Mundine has a chance, Miranda don't. Hopefully Mundine doesn't go to LHW as the rumours say he will do.

And hopefully WBA will force Mundine to cancel his third fight with Soliman as anything else would be a disgrace.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Mundine stands no chance against Kessler buddy i got to disagree with you.

He lost every round except one on my card last time out and was on more of a survival mission than a mission to win.

Since then he has fought nobody worth mensioning, Kessler will most probably knock him out this time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mundine will put up a much better fight next time they meet, as he has improved alot. I still don't think it's enough, but he is better than Miranda.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Mundine will put up a much better fight next time they meet, as he has improved alot. I still don't think it's enough, but he is better than Miranda.
You seem to believe it but looks like all the guys that are claimed and ranked above Miranda dont want any part of him. We seem to be forgetting Miranda was supposed to figh Jean Pascal in June or July, do I have to say who pulled out?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts