Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mikkel Kessler says "It would be an honor for me to match my skills against Roy Jones. Roy is one of my boxing idols, he and Floyd Mayweather Jr".

Roy Jones Jr says "I can fight Kessler for his two titles in November. Kessler sounds serious about fighting me so I’d be stupid not to look into it. I don’t duck and dodge nobody.”

Both Mikkel & Roy blasted out at Joe Calzaghe, Roy says "They wanted me to go to England to fight Joe and I said yes,” Jones said. “But they make a lowball offer. They never thought I’d agree to go his country to fight Joe so I fooled them. My phone stopped ringing after I told them and the world I would go there to fight Joe". Strange how Calzaghe is now saying he isn't interested in Roy.

Mikkel said "My promoter, Mogens Palle, went to Frank Warren’s office and got the runaround. Just like Roy, my promoter told Warren I’d fight Calzaghe anywhere they want in the UK. They wanted the fight for Sept. 22 and we wanted it for November. We agreed to their venue, their date and all we got was a laughable offer,” the 28-year-old Kessler said. “You would think that, after the Peter Manfredo embarrassment, Joe and Frank would want the toughest, most credible super middleweight opponent they could find. That’s me.”
BBC - 606 - - A23107925 - Roy Jones Jr vs. Mikkel Kessler in November

·
Registered
201 Posts
Italian Stallio said:
Mikkel Kessler says "It would be an honor for me to match my skills against Roy Jones. Roy is one of my boxing idols, he and Floyd Mayweather Jr".

Roy Jones Jr says "I can fight Kessler for his two titles in November. Kessler sounds serious about fighting me so I’d be stupid not to look into it. I don’t duck and dodge nobody.”

Both Mikkel & Roy blasted out at Joe Calzaghe, Roy says "They wanted me to go to England to fight Joe and I said yes,” Jones said. “But they make a lowball offer. They never thought I’d agree to go his country to fight Joe so I fooled them. My phone stopped ringing after I told them and the world I would go there to fight Joe". Strange how Calzaghe is now saying he isn't interested in Roy.

Mikkel said "My promoter, Mogens Palle, went to Frank Warren’s office and got the runaround. Just like Roy, my promoter told Warren I’d fight Calzaghe anywhere they want in the UK. They wanted the fight for Sept. 22 and we wanted it for November. We agreed to their venue, their date and all we got was a laughable offer,” the 28-year-old Kessler said. “You would think that, after the Peter Manfredo embarrassment, Joe and Frank would want the toughest, most credible super middleweight opponent they could find. That’s me.”
BBC - 606 - - A23107925 - Roy Jones Jr vs. Mikkel Kessler in November
Calzaghes not going to fight anyone.....

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh guys, iv been discussing this for days now and its got very boring, no more Calzaghe/Kessler/RJJ talk until fights are made and contracts signed.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
It is true. I like Calzaghe but am sick of talking about his hypothetical fights.
i very much doubt its true, kessler was offered $5m to fight, id call that a very generous offer.

roys history in negoiating makes warren look like an angel, roys the biggest bull****ter in the game. (great fighter though)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
if anyone listened to jermain taylors speech after the spinks fight, he described he would fight whoever offered him the most money, All fighters are like that. Its a business anymore. SO everyone shutup, all these fights will happen eventually, the fighters are just seeing what fights gets the most publicity. Its all a game to them.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
most and you know it. Its thier job description. Its how they make a living. So obviously they do it for the money. Money equals fame, and thats the name of the game.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
untill the fights are signed theres realy nothing we can do but speculate, and thats getting boring now.

if calzaghe signs to fight anyone but a big name i'll be the first guy to dis him, untill then some guys should stop the hate, there hating just for the sake of it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
tysonjones said:
I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE OVER ALL THAT WES, COME ON MAN, GIVE IT UP. WE ALL KNOW.:thumbsup:
hey man i was... you know i would normally say a lot more than about him... i wasn't hating (like i normally do)... I was just saying in regards to the thread that hes not going to fight anyone...

·
Registered
201 Posts
tommygunn said:
untill the fights are signed theres realy nothing we can do but speculate, and thats getting boring now.

if calzaghe signs to fight anyone but a big name i'll be the first guy to dis him, untill then some guys should stop the hate, there hating just for the sake of it.

true true.... ill be the second... but like everyone else i'm done as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts