Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I got it from me. This is a prediction. Witch no one can rule out right now. So therefor it could happen.
By Mark Vester

Paul "The Punisher" Williams is back in the welterweight mix in a big way. After being upset by Carlos Quintana in February, he won the rematch in explosive fashion by knocking Quintana out in the first-round of their rematch last Saturday at the Mohegan Sun. Williams reclaimed his WBO welterweight title and now targets all of the big names in the welterweight division.

"I want to fight Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Oscar De La Hoya. Any of those names," Williams said.

The main targert on Williams' radar is Cotto, who goes up against Margarito in a tough July showdown. Williams' promoter Dan Goossen would love to put together a fight between Cotto and Williams.

"De La Hoya doesn't want to fight him and neither does Shane Mosley. If Cotto beat Margarito, but doesn't want to fight Paul - then we must go back to what we have said in the past, that he is most feared fighter in boxing," Goossen told El Nuevo Dia. "Cotto has not said no to the fight. He does have a difficult fight ahead with Margarito, but he is somebody that we want to fight."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ [email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By Mark Vester

Paul "The Punisher" Williams is back in the welterweight mix in a big way. After being upset by Carlos Quintana in February, he won the rematch in explosive fashion by knocking Quintana out in the first-round of their rematch last Saturday at the Mohegan Sun. Williams reclaimed his WBO welterweight title and now targets all of the big names in the welterweight division.

"I want to fight Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Oscar De La Hoya. Any of those names," Williams said.

The main targert on Williams' radar is Cotto, who goes up against Margarito in a tough July showdown. Williams' promoter Dan Goossen would love to put together a fight between Cotto and Williams.

"De La Hoya doesn't want to fight him and neither does Shane Mosley. If Cotto beat Margarito, but doesn't want to fight Paul - then we must go back to what we have said in the past, that he is most feared fighter in boxing," Goossen told El Nuevo Dia. "Cotto has not said no to the fight. He does have a difficult fight ahead with Margarito, but he is somebody that we want to fight."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ [email protected]
So what is that supposed to mean????

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I've got to say Mosley wins this one. I think he is too fast for Williams.Should be a good fight though. I will be pullin for Williams though i think Mosley wins.
You must be thinking of the Mosley of 3 years ago , Today he'll be lucky to make it to fifth round

i'm thinking the opposite. i think williams eeks by mosley only if he fights tall and keeps his distance. i'll be rooting for shane all the way;)
Ecxactly hopefully he learned his lesson from Quintana, like you said if he sticks out the jab and doesn't hunch over and fires the right, Mosley doesn't have a prayer...

Mosley by KO. It would be easy :D
Wake up Your dreaming

I gotta go with Mosley. Why do you say it wont happen? Shane running out of time?
Oviously as much as we like Shane Mosley he's on his last leg and should look for an easy opponent to make a graceful exit from the sport, I don't see his wife allowing him to fight Williams....

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
You must be thinking of the Mosley of 3 years ago , Today he'll be lucky to make it to fifth round

Ecxactly hopefully he learned his lesson from Quintana, like you said if he sticks out the jab and doesn't hunch over and fires the right, Mosley doesn't have a prayer...

Wake up Your dreaming

Oviously as much as we like Shane Mosley he's on his last leg and should look for an easy opponent to make a graceful exit from the sport, I don't see his wife allowing him to fight Williams....
believe me mosley has a few more fights in him. if mosley boxes like he use to then he will beat williams. infact i have a feeling if he boxes like he did agaisnt cotto he can beat williams.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
believe me mosley has a few more fights in him. if mosley boxes like he use to then he will beat williams. infact i have a feeling if he boxes like he did agaisnt cotto he can beat williams.
I agree he may have a few left, but not against an animal like Williams, with Cotto he was ok, Cotto is shorter , Tall guys give him problems and Williams is special he'll knock Shane to tomorrow.....

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

Wake up Your dreaming

All of this is insane.:laugh:
I agree he may have a few left, but not against an animal like Williams, with Cotto he was ok, Cotto is shorter , Tall guys give him problems and Williams is special he'll knock Shane to tomorrow.....
Mosley and Cotto would both beat Williams. Damn the Williams hype train is back rolling again. LMAO

1 - 20 of 65 Posts