Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are two posts from Dan Rafael in his SportsNation Chat:

SportsNation Dan Rafael: There is some discussion here in the press room about maybe Berto-Shane early next year. I think we may see that.

SportsNation Dan Rafael: Shane is here and he says he thinks the Berto fight will happen, but Richard and HBO and the Berto people will crunch the numbers and see what they come up with. Shane is enthusiastic about that fight.

IF this is true it sucks that Margarito-Mosley won't go down in January, but this is a real good fight. A much more winnable fight for Mosley, I think he takes this one by mid to late round knockout.

G

·
Mosley by clear UD or stoppage in an excellent fight that's very easy on the eye. At 147 he'll be more comfortable than he was in his last fight and I think he'll still have too much for Berto.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
If this fight happens within the next 4 months or so I'll take Mosley by stoppage in the 8th round or so. He will really hurt Berto, and this is not a fight Berto needs. I'd rather see my boy in with Margarito, but I've had this nagging feeling since Mosley-Mayorga that it will not work out.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I wouldn't wanna see this to be honest. Berto is just starting to rise and he has a lot to learn. Don't bring him in with people like Mosley so soon. It's not a good decision. I'm not even interested cause i like both of these guys and These two guys are in two different leagues. I'd much rather see Margarito-Mosley

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Berto beats him now. It's his time. Mosley time has passed

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Guess what guys, I met Shane at the Pavlik/Hopkins weigh-in. I even got to talk to him for a second about the late heroics against Mayorga. He's a really nice dude. More down to earth than I would have expected. He said that Margarito was still the fight he wanted, but he'd be okay facing Berto. I also got to meet Bob Arum and Danny Jacobs. All good people.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Guess what guys, I met Shane at the Pavlik/Hopkins weigh-in. I even got to talk to him for a second about the late heroics against Mayorga. He's a really nice dude. More down to earth than I would have expected. He said that Margarito was still the fight he wanted, but he'd be okay facing Berto. I also got to meet Bob Arum and Danny Jacobs. All good people.
Damn you're lucky. It's obvious shanes down to earth thats why he's one of my favorite fighters. He gives you that vibe.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Good on ya.

Damn you're lucky. It's obvious shanes down to earth thats why he's one of my favorite fighters. He gives you that vibe.
Definitely. He's one of those fighters you can't help but like.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yeah exactly. He's always smiling or laughing. Thats why i root for him cause of the Vibe he brings and his skill. I don't think i'd like him as much if he didn't give that vibe. Like Berto i don't like his personality he seems to me like a thug to be honest i've seen videos on him speaking and stuff so i don't really like him as much as i would if he had a shane mosley personality. He's a great fighter none the less so i watch him cause i enjoy it but nothing else. I'll be rooting for Mosley if this fight happens.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Yeah exactly. He's always smiling or laughing. Thats why i root for him cause of the Vibe he brings and his skill. I don't think i'd like him as much if he didn't give that vibe. Like Berto i don't like his personality he seems to me like a thug to be honest i've seen videos on him speaking and stuff so i don't really like him as much as i would if he had a shane mosley personality. He's a great fighter none the less so i watch him cause i enjoy it but nothing else. I'll be rooting for Mosley if this fight happens.
I agree with you there. I'll always root for Mosley unless he fights Oscar again.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts