Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

It went from May 31 to May 17 and is now back on for May 31. The deal has been finalized for former welterweight champions Shane Mosley (44-5, 37 KOs) and Zab Judah (36-5, 25 KOs) to fight each other on HBO pay-per-view. The fight is still likely heading to a Las Vegas venue.

Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, told Dan Rafael that a packed undercard will compliment the main event.

Some of the bouts Schaefer is planning include a battle of junior lightweights with Jorge Barrios and Rocky Juarez, a rematch between junior featherweight champions Celestino Caballero and Daniel Ponce De Leon, and a rematch between super middleweights Sakio Bika and Jaidon Codrington, who fought a fight of the year battle in the finale of The Contender's third season.

The pay-per-view, set to be called "High Stakes," will feature four fights from start to finish, where it's a must win situation for both combatants.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm interested in the Caballero-De Leon rematch, but Codrington-Bika again? Please.....

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I told yall this fight was happening on the 31st. I guess Elsewhere was right this time. I like all the match ups on the card.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't like Bika-Codrington. That's a waste of time. I'd rather see a less entertaining, relavent bout.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Its a fight for the moderate fight fan. See they know these fighters from The Continder therefor they are big stuff in there eyes. But we know who they really are.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
He might take it this time.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Bika-Codrington is gonna be another slugfest as long as it lasts.

Is Ponce De-Leon really taking the fight? If yes, well, good. But I Think caballero win outbox him again..

Good card so far

·
Registered
707 Posts
De leon actually looked allot beter lately his boxing has improved and if his defense can hold up it can be an exciting fight. I see Caballero as a smaller version of Williams. maybe even less power.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
The bika vs codrington fight just convinced me to actually buy the card. I've been wiating to see that rematch. I know some of you don't care for it, but this is a good card.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What you got against entertaining fights?
Nothing. I love entertaining fights, but I'd rather see a less entertaining fight between two guys that actually matter.
The bika vs codrington fight just convinced me to actually buy the card. I've been wiating to see that rematch. I know some of you don't care for it, but this is a good card.
Didn't Codrington lose AGAIN since the contender? I just can't dig that. Bika TKO3.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I think its a good card also

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
De Leon - Caballero has me pumped. I never saw the first fight, but I heard that Caballero just outboxed him with ease.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Yea I missed that fight also

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I'm interested in the Caballero-De Leon rematch, but Codrington-Bika again? Please.....
I agree..i saw their fight i don't wanna see it again. Rather see better known fighters then these guys. I'm interested in the Judah-Mosely fight..sounds like it'll be good. The Cotto-Judah fight was good who knows if Judah will look good losing again lol. But iono i don't think Mosely will win cause Judah is fast. But then again i haven't seen enough Mosely fights to say that

1 - 20 of 26 Posts