Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Mosley-Judah in the works?

3K views 86 replies 15 participants last post by  BigDigga 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is interesting. I think that Mosely-Judah makes a lot more sense boxing wise. Both are comming off losses to Miguel Cotto and were both delivered their 5th loss by the Puerto Rican bad-boy. What would be most interesting to see though is weight they will fight at. Mosely said that he wanted to stay at 147, but Judah's last fight was at 154 where he won the IBC title. See, the Welterweight division is the hottest out now, but the Super welterweight division is where Oscar De La Hoya may be at his 3rd fight of the year, and possibly his career. Both these guys, along with every other fighter is going to want to be the guy to face ODLH, so we shall see what transpires.

#13 ·
Actually...they're ahead. Mosley-Mayorga was brought up about a week back:

SHANE MOSLEY TO RETURN IN MAY

read more

Initially, they were in negotiations with Mayorga for a May 15th date...I believe Steve Kim reported it as well.

Currently, they've now also entered into negotiations with Judah and the date has been pushed back to May 31st.

As far as I know, Mayorga and Judah are the only two names in contention. From what I hear, they're actually leaning more towards Judah simply because Mayorga wants a bigger share of the purse so a fight with Judah would net more money for Mosley. I also hear that they may doing the fight on PPV since Oscar is fighting for free that month.

So the questions is, what fight would you rather pay for? Mosley-Judah or Mosley-Mayorga?

#14 ·
Those should both be freebies. I couldn't see either one beating 200,000 buys. Hell, Mayorga-Vargas only did 150,000, although they originally reported it to be 300K. But I guess if Roy Jones can do a PPV and sell 24,000 then anything is possible. Oh, and little Chavez Jr keeps being in lame ass PPV's as well.

#15 ·
I agree...this trend of putting all of these fights on PPV is ridiculous. Do you remember when they put Barrera's fight against Mzonke Fana on PPV? I think it did like 50K-70K buys. Pathetic. There should be some type of rule that states if you lost your last fight, you can't headline a PPV. LOL.

#25 ·
So do I. At this point if he gets beat by Mayorga I wouldn't want to watch him fight again. I've liked him for too long to see him start to suck yet keep fighting. However, I thought he looked great in rounds 7-12 against Cotto. To me he won. So, if he's 36 and (to me) beat the second best welter out there, he is still a damn good boxer. Wouldn't you think?

#33 ·
Yeah he's still great, and I'd love to see a rematch between him and Cotto. I scored that fight for Cotto 116-113 I think it was. However, I don't think there is a chance in hell that Mosely can win more than 3 rounds against Mayweather. I'd also pick Williams to beat Mosely. Mosley-Margarito would be interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.