Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the following is an excerpt from steve kim article on maxboxing......

And some old faces were on Schaefer's mind as well this week.

Most prominently, Shane Mosley.

"There has been one guy calling him out like crazy and that was Ricardo Mayorga, so that is a possibility and so we're looking at that," he would say. "Other possibilities could be a Kermit Cintron. So I'm having discussions with HBO to see when we can schedule the return of Shane Mosley."

make way for he return of sugar shane! looks like mayorga maybe providing another shot in the arm against an elite fighter coming of a loss;) i think he may get the fight over cintron, but i'd be more inclined to face cintron being he has a major belt if i was mosley.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yup if he wins Cintron we might see a Cotto rematch or even DLH in december? nahh i think thats a long shot.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about!!! My boy will fight again! Bring on either one of them and Shane will chop them down with ease. Whoever he fights needs to be soon. Shane doesn't need a long layoff. He needs to stay active right now.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Mosley would beat both. Shanes still class he put up a good fight against one of the best fighters out there in cotto. I think hes a class above mayorga and cintron still at his age

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Mosley-Mayorga will probably come off now! Easy fight for Shane.
Mayorga aint an easy fight for anyone, especialy below 160.

Anyone who beats Vernon twice as a class act.

Im gonna put a few points on Mayorga to be the the first guy to stop SSM in this fight if it comes, ive got a gut feeling about this.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Mayorga aint an easy fight for anyone, especialy below 160.

Anyone who beats Vernon twice as a class act.

Im gonna put a few points on Mayorga to be the the first guy to stop SSM in this fight if it comes, ive got a gut feeling about this.
Like I said. Easy fight for Shane. Mayorga will present very few problems for Mosely. I'll take any bet you want on this fight if it happens.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Shane Still At 147???? In My POV He Needs To Move Up He Looked Pretty Drained Fighting Cotto Like He couldnt Make Weight Anymore But I Think He Would Destroy Mayorga

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I feel Mosley should try to avange some of his losses, but the problem is 4 of those 5 losses came to fighter i think he does not stand a chance against :S. But anyway i hope Mosley fights either Mayorga or Cintro and then gets on last big payday before retirement.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i think sugar shane beats mayorga to the punch everytime. I think mayorga would be too slow and shane too fast. I can see shane doing what de la hoya done to him and stoping him middle part of the fight.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
i think sugar shane beats mayorga to the punch everytime. I think mayorga would be too slow and shane too fast. I can see shane doing what de la hoya done to him and stoping him middle part of the fight.
Wow, we agree on something! :D
Good post dude!

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
anybody that can shut mayorga up for a while is great. Mosley would beat him but that means I'd have to hear months of trash talk coming from a translator before the fight. that ain't fun at all.

But if it happens i'd say Mosley by late KO or a very wide UD

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.