Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent interview published in El Nuevo Dia , Shane Mosley who is set to face Miguel Cotto on November 10, stated to the publication that Floyd Mayweather Jr. would be his next choice to fight if he defeats Cotto. Mosley added that retirement would be his next possible option if fight with Mayweather Jr does not happen.

Mosley must defeat Cotto and Mayweather Jr. would need to Ricky Hatton before any negotiations for a fight could be started.

"If I win against Cotto, the next fight that would of course be with Floyd Mayweather Jr."

Mosley added: "They say he is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport and therefore I would like to fight him. But that would only happen if he beats Ricky Hatton and if I beat Miguel Cotto, and I know Cotto is going to be a very hard, very difficult fight. Cotto is a great welterweight champion. If the fight (with Mayweather) doesn't happen, I might consider not fighting anymore."

Mosley really want Mayweather Jr. and has ruled out other opponents.

"I'm not interested in fighting Paul Williams of Kermit Cintron", said Mosley.

** Undefeated WBA world welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and four-time world champion Sugar Shane Mosley. Promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank, in association with Madison Square Garden, "Fast & Furious" will take place Saturday, November 10, at the "Mecca of Boxing," Madison Square Garden. The 12-round world welterweight title fight will be produced and distributed live on
HBO Pay-Per-View, beginning at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
That is a good idea. The only way I could disagree with Shane is if he comes out and looks 28 against Cotto. The fight with Floyd must be made.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
That is a good idea. The only way I could disagree with Shane is if he comes out and looks 28 against Cotto. The fight with Floyd must be made.
I think the fight with Floyd should be made weather he beats Cotto or not.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
BigDigga said:
i agree, but it's unlikely to happen if mosley loses.
it'll prob be made because floyd will lose to hatton then look for a 34+ geezer to rebound back off!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
BigDigga said:
lol...you really think hatton's going to win, or you just dislike mayweather?
yes.........

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
BigDigga said:
lol...yes to both i see :)
ive no respect for a guy who tell's a kid to watch him beat his dad up, that is the most disgusting thing ive ever seen in boxing, tyson biting holy doesnt even come close!

id love to be locked in a small room with that lil punk for a few minutes. :cheeky4:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
TommyGunn said:
ive no respect for a guy who tell's a kid to watch him beat his dad up, that is the most disgusting thing ive ever seen in boxing, tyson biting holy doesnt even come close!

id love to be locked in a small room with that lil punk for a few minutes. :cheeky4:
I wanna see Ricky land a hook to the liver of Tinker like he did Castillo. You'd see a Judah like performance alright ROFL

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
TommyGunn said:

Wow when did he say that?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
Wow when did he say that?
it was on the floyd v oscar 24/7, it was floyds own son though if i recall correct, he told him to go over to the sparring partner and tell him his daddy was gonna do him, he then sytamaticaly beat the guy infront of him.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
TommyGunn said:
it was on the floyd v oscar 24/7, it was floyds own son though if i recall correct, he told him to go over to the sparring partner and tell him his daddy was gonna do him, he then sytamaticaly beat the guy infront of him.
I remember that. That was very disrespectful. I thought it was after they sparred though. And then Floyd told his son to go tell him that his dad just whooped his azz? That was the only one that I saw, and after that, I didn't want to watch another minute of that loud mouth b****.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the 2 major fights end up being close I could see Mosely vs Floyd instead of rematches being made.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
BigDigga said:
keep dreaming the dream, bud :cheeky4:
Old Tinkerbell has never been hit and hurt he runs away too fast lets hope Ricky does catch him I think he'll fold like a house of cards He doesnt have the cajonnes to fight in the trenches:cheeky4:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
C.J.Rock said:
Old Tinkerbell has never been hit and hurt he runs away too fast lets hope Ricky does catch him I think he'll fold like a house of cards He doesnt have the cajonnes to fight in the trenches:cheeky4:
All the Floyd lovers don't like your posts, but I find them quite entertaining. Keep them up! LOL:thumbsup:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
C.J.Rock said:
he's never been hit because his defense is solid. floyd doesn't run, he steps to the side and circles his opponents and keeps the fight in the middle of the ring. floyd has been hit, but he has a sturdy chin and can take a shot. i bet once floyd sits in the pocket(usually in the middle rounds and on) and takes your buddy apart it will fail to register with you. do us all a favor and watch floyd' fights prior to the much bigger baldomir and dlh. you obviously haven't scene them:cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I cant wait to see this fight. I think everyone will be surprised.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts