Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who is the most boring fighter to watch?

• Bernard Hopkins

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Floyd Mayweather

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 69.2%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Winky, Spinks and Hopkins.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I like Nard because he has a bit of a gimmick and persona that works, but he's got zero entertainment value in terms of making for an exciting fight. I'll go with Spinks. The last fight I struggled to stay awake through of his was the one with Taylor. Absolutely miserable. To Mayweather's credit, at least he's a decent bad guy.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
How can anyone say De la Hoya is the most boring to watch? LOL yenks can find a way :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
there are loads of boring fighters out there. from average to crap fighters, the fights can be so damn boring. i can see why the crowds are never full with the undercard but then when the main event comes up, it's packed out.

i am starting to not like most of the heavyweight division for lack of punches thrown. these guys have zero personality and especailly since some don't even speak english.

it would be nice if things like rahman-lewis brawl on a table happened. i really wish haye called wlad a skinny **** face and then they had a real fight live on tv.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
How can anyone say De la Hoya is the most boring to watch? LOL yenks can find a way :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
i was thinkign the same. it is because delahoya ran from tito at the end that he is upset. i can feel patronism and respect it, but he is more bias than tommygunn lol

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Just breaking balls man. If I'm going to get crap from someone, I might as well give a little back. To each their own. If you enjoy MMA, I don't hate you for it. I just hate it.
Haha I know man. Don't get me wrong I would watch a shitty boxing match over a MMA fight any day of the week but I respect the sport. Who knew.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
The John Ruiz Award. P4P the most boring fighters.

#1-John Ruiz - He is the reason list like this are made.

#2-Cory Spinks - Makes guys miss and doesnt counter off of any of it, neve seen excitment sustained in 1 of his fights, Spinks-Judah I is his most exciting fight, could be #1 if it werent for the guy who the award was named after.

#3-Bernard Hopkins - can make any fighter fight his boring fight of throwing 30 punches per round, has been getting more boring with age, but to his credit he's been matched against mostly boring fighters. His last exciting fight was the last four rounds against Jermain Taylor.

#4-Wladimir Klitschko - the guy is never in a exciting fight unless he loses, the reason he isnt higher up is because he finishes fights early with ko's. His last exciting fight was the first fight with Brewster.

#5-Zahir Raheem - makes em miss doesnt throw anything back, clinches, throw a jab maybe 3 punch combo, clinches, repeat. There I just summarized most of his fights.

Dishonorable mention: the heavyweight division, Rocky Juarez, Paulie Malianaggi, Ricky Hatton, Winky Wright, Joel Casamayor, Joe Calzaghe, Sergio Mora, Travis Simms, Kendall Holt, Junior Witter, Demetrious Hopkins, etc.

·
Banned
145 Posts
I agree Hopkins can be boring but to be fair no one can expect a exciting fight out of a 40+ year old fighter.

If i had to choose who is the most boring fighter i will have to say Wladimir Klitschko. His fight with Sultan was YAWN !!!!! his previous fights have been boring until the knockout.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts