Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is something that just makes you sick to this day when you think about it? The recent "hair problem" from Malignaggi made me think about this. Anything other than the Butler-Grant incident goes. List it up fellas...

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Joe Cortez during Hatton vs Mayweather.

G

·
Joe Cortez during Hatton vs Mayweather.
Tommy dude,I dont know wheter to laugh or cry.

I think we should ban all talk of Hatton, PBF and Joe cortez for a month and get back to boxing:thumbsup:

Its hard to look beyond Tyson biting evanders ear half off tbh. As much as i liked mike, alot of respect i had for the man died that day, it was a cowardly thing to do. Teddy Atlas called it all they way and its hard to dispute his thought process or reasoning why Tyson did it now.

The riots after Gollotas low blows were very very damaging for the sport aswell. Whatever that went on in the ring (which was a disgrace in itself) the riots outside cast another could over boxing and put it in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons yet again.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think we should ban all talk of Hatton, PBF and Joe cortez for a month and get back to boxing:thumbsup:

Its hard to look beyond Tyson biting evanders ear half off tbh. As much as i liked mike, alot of respect i had for the man died that day, it was a cowardly thing to do. Teddy Atlas called it that way all they was and its hard to dispute his thought process or reasoning why Tyson did it now.

The riots after Gollotas low blows were very very damaging for the sport aswell. Whatever that went on in the ring (which was a disgrace in itself) the riots outside cast another could over boxing and put it in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons yet again.
Great post. I lost a lot of respect for Tyson on that night as well. Another thing that stands out in my mind is the way Zab Judah acted after the Tszyu fight. It was a shame. Roger Mayweather jumping in the ring was bad as well. I did enjoy the brawl though!

G

·
Great post. I lost a lot of respect for Tyson on that night as well. Another thing that stands out in my mind is the way Zab Judah acted after the Tszyu fight. It was a shame. Roger Mayweather jumping in the ring was bad as well. I did enjoy the brawl though!
i agree, in one sense i would like to like Zab Judah, he has talent no doubt,but some of the drama that comes with him and the crap he has brought to the sport prevents me from ever really like him.

Roger creeping into the ring was so so so wrong, but your bang on Shane it was as funny as hell. Again though it gave all the anti boxing people out there another reason to slate boxing. no one alked about the fight afterwards, it was all about the brawl.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i agree, in one sense i would like to like Zab Judah, he has talent no doubt,but some of the drama that comes with him and the crap he has brought to the sport prevents me from ever really like him.

Roger creeping into the ring was so so so wrong, but your bang on Shane it was as funny as hell. Again though it gave all the anti boxing people out there another reason to slate boxing. no one alked about the fight afterwards, it was all about the brawl.
Yeah that was a shame. Zab had the potential to be better than Mayweather, but he didn't have the right foundation/mental make-up. Shame shame.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts

Its hard to look beyond Tyson biting evanders ear half off tbh. As much as i liked mike, alot of respect i had for the man died that day, it was a cowardly thing to do. Teddy Atlas called it all they way and its hard to dispute his thought process or reasoning why Tyson did it now.

It was intended as a joke mate. :laugh:

G

·
It was intended as a joke mate. :laugh:
i know tommy, thats why i wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry:laugh::thumbsup:

There has been a few fights you look at definitly and say, the ref should of stopped the fight sooner. its a tough position for anyone to be in, calling a halt to a fight. i mean some people question the stoppage of castillio in his first fight with Chico, i thought it was a bang on the money stoppage, you clearly see his eyes roll after Chico connects with one when Castillio is up agsint the ropes,but yet people dispute the stoppage. it can be a tough one for refs.

God Damn, just thinking about that fight, man i miss Chico. what a warrior.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Liston is the second Ali fight was a clear dive.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Tyson vs Holyfield stands out due to how HUGE that fight was and how Tyson just, well it was a sad moment since Holyfield was on his way to tko Tyson again :p

There are alot of good Golota ones aswell, that dude was a nut.

Yeah and Seldon being knocked out by air was pretty bad aswell.

And i totally agree with the ref from Benn vs Gman, what happened to the guy after that fight? i hope he didnt get to reff again both fighters were in danger with that guy in there.

Oh and the corner of Watson in the Benn fight. Pushing him in when he was clearly hurt was just stupid.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts