Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trawling through the history books i have yet to find a more disappointing (although laughable now) fighter than Audley HARRISON.
Herrol GRAHAM was a fantastically skilled boxer who promised so much but never really come to his prime and seemed to bottle it when it counted

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Trawling through the history books i have yet to find a more disappointing (although laughable now) fighter than Audley HARRISON.
Herrol GRAHAM was a fantastically skilled boxer who promised so much but never really come to his prime and seemed to bottle it when it counted
Fraudley don't have the bottle. Never has. He's dreaming if he thinks he can still become heavyweight champion.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Harrison wasn't that much of a wasted talent. He was a brilliant amateur but never looked that good as a pro.

Tyson is #1 for me too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fransisco Guilledo aka PANCHO VILLA of the Phillipines. Died at the age of 24 years old, 91wins (25KOS), 8 losses, 4 draws. He first won the World Flyweight title at the age of 21 by 7th rd KO over Jimmy Wilde. Prior to his final fight vs Jimmy Mclarnin he obtained a massive infection in his mouth and was forced to fight the entire fight with one hand covering the swollen area of his mouth due to the severity of the pain he died from his infection a few days later.

It's a sad story since Villa could've possibly become the greatest fighter from asia being a 2 time world flyweight champion at the age of 24 and having over 100 fights udner his belt.

·
Registered
123 Posts
LOL whoops, i just realized my post was pretty irrelevant in this forum. I guess I decided to post because it's pretty dissapointing for a fighter like Villa to die at such a young age IMO

...sorry guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL whoops, i just realized my post was pretty irrelevant in this forum. I guess I decided to post because it's pretty dissapointing for a fighter like Villa to die at such a young age IMO

...sorry guys
guess it was pretty dissapointing for him also, dieing at 24 and all that.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
For me there are two incredibly talented boxers who really should have been remembered among the greatest champions ever, but will never be. They are Roy Jones jr & Floyd Mayweather jr.
Both fighters took the same route of cherry picking opponents. They avoided the dangerous legitimate contender and fought the fringe contenders and over the hill big $$$$$$$ less risk fights.
Heck two of Jones title defences were against part time boxers one was a cop, the other a garbage collector.In jones case when he was finally asked to meet real contender he suffered two brutal KO's. The other prima donna "retired" in an attempt to stop the same thing happening to him. Both are really a criminal waste of God Given talent

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
^ What a surprise. Need I remind you, supposably a man with a ton of boxing knowledge, that some of the greatest fighters in the world had another part time job because coming up they didnt make enough money boxing to support their family. The fact that you talk about those people in such a negative way is somewhat disgusting in my opinion.

I'm probabley most disappointed with Zab Judah. A man who had all the talent in the world, and the mentality to kill. But he didnt have the discipline to put it all together.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts

...sorry guys
Its all good man. Another one of those guys with a ton of potential that died young was Salvador Sanchez.

·
8,579 Posts
^ What a surprise. Need I remind you, supposably a man with a ton of boxing knowledge, that some of the greatest fighters in the world had another part time job because coming up they didnt make enough money boxing to support their family. The fact that you talk about those people in such a negative way is somewhat disgusting in my opinion.

I'm probabley most disappointed with Zab Judah. A man who had all the talent in the world, and the mentality to kill. But he didnt have the discipline to put it all together.[/QUOTE

You cannot answer a single post without trying to make them personal OK I'll follow suit. You claim to be an expert on boxing
name me one world champion who had a full time job and boxed part time. Jones jr tried to pass off a police officer and a garbage collector as LEGITIMATE title contenders. All this time he was avoiding Nigel Benn, Darius M,Gerald McClellan and the list goes on. You question MY boxing knowledge when you accept this crap???? Give it a rest Lance youre making yourself look silly again

·
Registered
841 Posts
Even though I wasen't alive to see him fight 'Live' I Kinda wish Ray Mancini wouldn't have taken the Duk Koo Kim fight so hard and kept goin strong, but can't really blame him.

·
8,579 Posts
Yeah. He either knocked out bums like Col.... Or he got knocked out by the elite. Made for exciting fights most of the time though.
ROFL the clown never quits does he ?? :blah::blah: Its hilarious

1 - 20 of 28 Posts