1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
In a year or two yeah. Right now it's pretty boring

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Save for 135 and 147, I think it has the potential for some of the best match-ups, but it's sorely lacking in star power and we all know that guys like Angulo and Kirkland won't be fighting each other anytime soon.

G

·
It's too bad how almost everyone has vacated the middleweight division for the time being. The middleweight division as of 1-2 years ago was as good as they come. Now with Taylor, Hopkin, Pavlik moving up, that leaves Arthur Abraham as the lone superstar in the middleweight division. (Excluding Paul Williams of course)

G

·
It's too bad how almost everyone has vacated the middleweight division for the time being. The middleweight division as of 1-2 years ago was as good as they come. Now with Taylor, Hopkin, Pavlik moving up, that leaves Arthur Abraham as the lone superstar in the middleweight division. (Excluding Paul Williams of course)
Abraham will move up very soon aswell. The MW division is going to be very thin.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Abraham should fight Sturm. What about the LW div? It was stacked but now Pac is moving up, Guzman is out the picture (so are Casamayor and Katsidis), Diaz is back in the mix but didn't look impressive in his last outing. This leaves only Campbell and Marquez as the top dogs.

G

·
I thought Diaz look good in against Katsidis but I don't see him beating Pac or Marquez. I'd give him a decent chance against Campbell if he can avoid a nasty cut but I probably wouldn't make him favourite.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I agree with Ballistik, The LW division is the premier division right now.

Though, i will agree with this: JMW is coming on strong.

Personally, Matiroysyan is the cream of the prospects and the most technically refined of all the prospects. Yes, Kirkland can punch, Angulo can too. But Vanes, that guy is not only a puncher but a very good boxer as well who is not afraid to come inside and bang.

See, to me, all the prospects coming up are a little one dimensional, not completely, but just a little.
Vanes is the only that doesn't look that way. I see Vanes winning the title first before his fellow prospects and then defending it against them and beating them. And i really really really like Angulo too. I think Angulo beats them all cept Vanes.
I honestly can't wait to see kirkland exposed as the one dimensional fighter he is. First time he gets in with someone who can crack like he does, but can also move, he is in for a world of pain.

G

·
Abraham should fight Sturm. What about the LW div? It was stacked but now Pac is moving up, Guzman is out the picture (so are Casamayor and Katsidis), Diaz is back in the mix but didn't look impressive in his last outing. This leaves only Campbell and Marquez as the top dogs.
I thought Diaz looked very good against Katsidis. I thought he schooled him all night long. Don't sleep on Diaz, I like him very much as a fighter.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I thought Diaz look good in against Katsidis but I don't see him beating Pac or Marquez. I'd give him a decent chance against Campbell if he can avoid a nasty cut but I probably wouldn't make him favourite.
Diaz looked decent against Katsidis. It wasn't a stellar performance. And Campbell was getting the best of him even before the cut.

Personally, Matiroysyan is the cream of the prospects and the most technically refined of all the prospects. Yes, Kirkland can punch, Angulo can too. But Vanes, that guy is not only a puncher but a very good boxer as well who is not afraid to come inside and bang.

See, to me, all the prospects coming up are a little one dimensional, not completely, but just a little.
Vanes is the only that doesn't look that way. I see Vanes winning the title first before his fellow prospects and then defending it against them and beating them. And i really really really like Angulo too. I think Angulo beats them all cept Vanes.
I honestly can't wait to see kirkland exposed as the one dimensional fighter he is. First time he gets in with someone who can crack like he does, but can also move, he is in for a world of pain.
I said 135 was looking great but now there are only 2 elite guys (Campbell & Marquez) so the division as a whole is not that good now.
154 is gonna be great in a few years with all these prospects and those big azz welters that will probably move up.
I'm not too sold on Martirosyan.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm not too sold on Martirosyan.
Can I ask why? Just talking. I've seen his last, o i don't know, 4 or 5 fights and am probably going to the one he has on the 1st of November. I'll tell you why I like him, if you tell me why you don't.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

I pinned you as someone who wouldn't really like Kirkland. For some reason I just saw that one coming. I like him more than anyone else at 154 unless the great Paul Williams moves there.
He's a good prospect but he hasn't impressed me yet. He's more complete than Kirkland and Angulo but he's not impressive in any specific department.
Great analysis. I agree with everything you said.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts