Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dawson-Tarver

• Diaz-Katsidis

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
I think this thread would be better if we used only fights that went the distance (or close to it like Hatton-Malignaggi). It's very hard to compare a 12 round domination by Bernard Hopkins to an 8 round domination by Paul Williams or Manny Pacquiao.

In my mind, a one sided victory is a fight that is won by a huge amount on the scorecards after 12 so I'm going with Hopkins. A total mismatch.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Margatito-Cintron 2. It was one-sided the 1st time. And it was one-sided the 2nd time
The only reason that fight was one-sided was because Margarito can take one hell of a shot. Anyone with a weaker chin would have paid a price for taking those shots. I remember seeing Margaritos head snapping back from some really big shots from Cintron. Plus, Cintron won the first round.

Pacquiao and Hopkins, they won everyround of their fights. Since Pacquiao knocked Oscar out, that was the most one-sided.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hopkins - Pavlik.

Easy. The Hop didn't get caught once properly in that fight.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The only reason that fight was one-sided was because Margarito can take one hell of a shot. Anyone with a weaker chin would have paid a price for taking those shots. I remember seeing Margaritos head snapping back from some really big shots from Cintron. Plus, Cintron won the first round.

Pacquiao and Hopkins, they won everyround of their fights. Since Pacquiao knocked Oscar out, that was the most one-sided.
Of all the fights listed, Margarito is pretty much the only one who was almost 100% sure he was going to win. No matter the reasons why, the fight was one-sided. And it was one-sided going in.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Considering everyone had Hopkins losing by a wide UD or by KO and DLH vs Pac being one sided in favor of DLH but with doubts leads me to pick Hopkins. I had the expectation of Manny winning (Hop too as the fight got closer), but the way in which Hop broke Pavlik down was classic.

·
Registered
424 Posts
im going with DLH-Pac.

the reason i picked it over pavlik-bhop is becuase pavlik was in it till the end. maybe not realistically but mentally i saw pavlik trying to land the one big punch, all the way to the finish.

With pacman/de la hoya Pacman got an all time great, in de la hoya, to quit. Pacman took the fight out of de la hoya. It wasnt a KO, DLH gave up, cuase not only did WE (the viewers) know he had to chance, but even DLH knew it.

thats why i chose it.

-Ian

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I think this thread would be better if we used only fights that went the distance (or close to it like Hatton-Malignaggi). It's very hard to compare a 12 round domination by Bernard Hopkins to an 8 round domination by Paul Williams or Manny Pacquiao.

In my mind, a one sided victory is a fight that is won by a huge amount on the scorecards after 12 so I'm going with Hopkins. A total mismatch.
LOL another new standard used to detract on Pac's victory. So a one-sided victory has to go the full route now eh? So Pac's KO cant be considered a one-sided victory now? LOL your hating knows no bounds! You and your ilk is what is bad for boxing and this board. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Considering everyone had Hopkins losing by a wide UD or by KO and DLH vs Pac being one sided in favor of DLH but with doubts leads me to pick Hopkins. I had the expectation of Manny winning (Hop too as the fight got closer), but the way in which Hop broke Pavlik down was classic.
When you break down a fighter, you KO him. And no you didn’t pick Pac to win let’s get real here.

Pac turding Diaz and Pac quitting DLH are the top two most lopsided fights of the decade. Nothing even comes close. Immediately after the worst beatings of their career, the ex-champs Diaz and DLH became Pac hardcore nuthuggers, calling him a boxing god. No excuses were made, unlike Pavlik who claimed he wasn’t 100% or Cintron who said he was distracted. Diaz and DLH immediately said, “You, sir, are the greatest. It was an honor to have shared the boxing ring with you.”. :thumbsup:

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
When you break down a fighter, you KO him. And no you didn’t pick Pac to win let’s get real here.

Pac turding Diaz and Pac quitting DLH are the top two most lopsided fights of the decade. Nothing even comes close. Immediately after the worst beatings of their career, the ex-champs Diaz and DLH became Pac hardcore nuthuggers, calling him a boxing god. No excuses were made, unlike Pavlik who claimed he wasn’t 100% or Cintron who said he was distracted. Diaz and DLH immediately said, “You, sir, are the greatest. It was an honor to have shared the boxing ring with you.”. :thumbsup:
:facepalm:

·
Registered
424 Posts

damn dude, really. I made the arguement why Pac's fight with DLH was the most one-sided and you STILL get mad at me? your an asshole.

And anyway what you said is completely wrong. First when you break down a fighter you don't always KO him. prime example is Calzaghe-Jones. Jones, in his mind, had enough, he was just surviving the fight. DLH, QUIT, he was scared. he didn't want anymore, not even a round or 2 more.

Oh, and me "picking" him or not to win has NOTHING to do with how one sided it is, you child.

-Ian

·
Registered
508 Posts
For me its B-hop/Pav because Pavlik was the prime fighter of the two and got owned. Pac/DLH close second but oscar looked shot and weight drained. Do u consider Gomez elite shane? haha

·
Registered
424 Posts
For me its B-hop/Pav because Pavlik was the prime fighter of the two and got owned. Pac/DLH close second but oscar looked shot and weight drained. Do u consider Gomez elite shane? haha
yeah, i agree with you. I feel Pac/DLH was more ONE-SIDED, where Pavlik/B-hop was much more impressive. I mean, at least pavlik threw punches in his fight, DLH was a punching bag..well punching bags have more head movement soo...

But as for onesided.. you only have to look at 1 stat from the DLH/PAC fight:
Pac landed 59% of his power punches...59 ******* PERCENT!

-Ian

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
damn dude, really. I made the arguement why Pac's fight with DLH was the most one-sided and you STILL get mad at me? your an asshole.

And anyway what you said is completely wrong. First when you break down a fighter you don't always KO him. prime example is Calzaghe-Jones. Jones, in his mind, had enough, he was just surviving the fight. DLH, QUIT, he was scared. he didn't want anymore, not even a round or 2 more.

Oh, and me "picking" him or not to win has NOTHING to do with how one sided it is, you child.

-Ian
LOL somebody just outed himself as RawlyPiff. Why posters use more than one username is beyond me. :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts