Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who is The Most Promising Fighter Coming Into 2007

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ill agree williams looks the best on paper but he does face antonio margarito in his next bout, margarito i think will punish the punisher and deliver the ko. no amir khan on the list i think he's the only guarented champ of the rising stars for 07.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Williams i have never seen but sounds the buisness. Hes Undefeated and has a fair few ko's on his record. I wont make a prediction due to not seeing williams yet but have a feeling margarito will win the fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
:laugh: hey tyson i see paul williams on your p4p lisdt wassssup with that if you aint seen the guy fight. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommy i no he is because i have heard so much good stuff about him. i read if PBF retires he will be rated p4p1 ? isnt he too good ?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasnt thinking necessarily getting a belt in 07, so much as really contending for a championship in the near future and really becoming a special fighter.
I really like Kelly Pavlik's prospects as well, this kid hits like a bag of bricks.
Berto has amazing potential, but I wanna see him against some tougher opposition.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
andre berto's power impresses me but i think he trains with lacy and is certinaly that kind of fighter. i see its ben takie up next for andre takie will certinaly test his chin.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tommygunn said:
andre berto's power impresses me but i think he trains with lacy and is certinaly that kind of fighter. i see its ben takie up next for andre takie will certinaly test his chin.
Apparently they're doing "something" different with Berto, or hes just much more skilled. He throws far superior combinations that Lacy, and has more power with both hands. He just needs to clean up the defense a little bit, and I think hes good to go.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Very very very hard trying to chose between Paul Williams and Chad Dawson. They are both going to do great things this year. And they will both go undefeated this year.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
paul williams will lose his next fight by a big ko against margarito, i think he'll move to 154 where he'll prob be more efective, his height will always cause problems for fighters but margarito is not much smaller than him 2 inches is all.

im even starting to hear people compare williams to hearns dont make me laugh there not on the same ball park the only similarity is there both 6ft1 welterweights.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Juan Diaz is going to make a big move this year maybe even against Hatton. #1

Miranda looked awsome the last two fights he will blow away any middleweight .#2

Paul Williams in my mind should be at 154 or higher to be at his best.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Williams will ko Margarito with no problem. And Margarito knows it thats why he is ducking him. And I agree with about the comparisonto Hearns All I can say to that is. NOT YET. He is not there just yet but he will get to Hearns level and maybe even pass it. All he will have to do to pass Hearns is win a few big fights agains the top fighters of his time. And he will start off with Magarito.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
windowguy said:
Juan Diaz is going to make a big move this year maybe even against Hatton. #1

Miranda looked awsome the last two fights he will blow away any middleweight .#2

Paul Williams in my mind should be at 154 or higher to be at his best.
hey window, your right about miranda he looks a very good fighter and he hits damn hard id pick him to beat taylor right now his last win was explosive. i think if diaz beats either casa or freitas we'll see him on the move but i still fell we'll see hatton back at 147 by the end of next year looking for the margies, floyds, and cotto's.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Cotto dont want to see 147 anymore he knows its to much for him. I'd rather see him go down for a Pac Man fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Tommtgunn I guess everybody can beat Taylor in your mind.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Cotto dont want to see 147 anymore he knows its to much for him. I'd rather see him go down for a Pac Man fight.
what the hell are you talking about, cotto was forced into the 147 division and pac is realy only a bantamweight, there's about a 5 weight difrence between these 2 guy's that would be like mike tyson fighting floyd mayweather. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Wait wait wait wait I meant to write Hatton dont want to see 147 anymore Cotto is there to stay. That was my mistake im at work trying to do 3 things at once.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I would like to see Hatton fight Pac Man. A fight at 135 is doable.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
theres no way hatton could make 135, if he could he'd be fighting there, and theres also no way pacman is big enough to fight at 135 it just aint logical, pac wont fight the big guy's at 130 he choses the guy's who are moving up like barrea, morales and marquez. id love to see pac fight someone like alex arthur at 130, a fighter who is massive at the weight.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts