Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
mundine was getting ko'd when he had two eyes, how's gonna do better with one?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
i feel bad for the guy, he was never really good but he was the champion he must have been doing something right. No one desverves to be blind and i hope he will do good and i admire him for trying after losing sight on one eye.

·
Registered
54 Posts
TommyGunn said:
mundine was getting ko'd when he had two eyes, how's gonna do better with one?

For your information tommy, the reason mundine was wearing contacts and got infected was because he had surgery on his eye to correct a problem he has had his whole career.. he has had poor vision in one eye for years and it was the protective contacts he had on as a precaution after the surgery that infected him, and he was only Ko'd once mate.. in his 10th pro fight for the world title in germany.. he has not even peaked yet, i just hope he recovers because he was getting close to his best

·
Registered
54 Posts
Brutus said:
i feel bad for the guy, he was never really good but he was the champion he must have been doing something right. No one desverves to be blind and i hope he will do good and i admire him for trying after losing sight on one eye.

" he was never really good " ? he is ranked No.3 in the world and is the only real challenge for kess or cal in this division,

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
You've all heard my opinions of Anthony "The Man" Mundine. He is a great athlete and in my opinion... he should've stuck with Rugby League. As a person... I'm not too sure. I don't think he is a very nice guy. As a Boxer? Pretty good... but not great! His great when compared to other Australians and besides his win over Danny Green (my personal favourite)... he hasn't been that impressive. I still say Green was fasting to make the weight for that bout and was in the wrong weight division. The Green Machine looks right at home as a Light Heavyweight so look out Antonio Tarver and Chad Dawson. Anyways... back to Mundine. Regardless of what I and other people think of him as a Boxer and a Human Being... this is a really sad thing that has happened for "The Man". Legally blind in his left eye. However... it's really stupid of him to think that he wants to still fight in spite of this problem. If he goes on to be successful as a half-blind Boxer... "WOW... THAT'S AMAZING!!!" If not... he'll probably brag that "If I had 2 seeing eyes... I would've won!" I think his that type of person! But anyways it's really sad that he is blind in that left eye! I hope he is smart about his boxing future!
NOTE: Smokin' Joe Frazier was blind in one of his eyes... but is Mundine as good as Frazier??? :dunno:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Its sad to see any fighter having to go through this. He was a fairly decent fighter, definetly top 5 in the 168 division. Id like to have seen Bute/Lacy-Mundine, it would have been interesting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Larry Holmes said:
You've all heard my opinions of Anthony "The Man" Mundine. He is a great athlete and in my opinion... he should've stuck with Rugby League. As a person... I'm not too sure. I don't think he is a very nice guy. As a Boxer? Pretty good... but not great! His great when compared to other Australians and besides his win over Danny Green (my personal favourite)... he hasn't been that impressive. I still say Green was fasting to make the weight for that bout and was in the wrong weight division. The Green Machine looks right at home as a Light Heavyweight so look out Antonio Tarver and Chad Dawson. Anyways... back to Mundine. Regardless of what I and other people think of him as a Boxer and a Human Being... this is a really sad thing that has happened for "The Man". Legally blind in his left eye. However... it's really stupid of him to think that he wants to still fight in spite of this problem. If he goes on to be successful as a half-blind Boxer... "WOW... THAT'S AMAZING!!!" If not... he'll probably brag that "If I had 2 seeing eyes... I would've won!" I think his that type of person! But anyways it's really sad that he is blind in that left eye! I hope he is smart about his boxing future!
NOTE: Smokin' Joe Frazier was blind in one of his eyes... but is Mundine as good as Frazier??? :dunno:
holy **** man, did u pull that out of my brain, agree with every word except i think it is good he did become a boxer because he wasnt big time in rugby leage, mundine and frazier r fairly different fighters, mundine needs his full sight because of the way he fights, slick and fast, frazier could go into the ring fully blind and still kick arse, after sayin that, depends how blind he is to, i dont think he is fully blind, i have a friend who wheres big millhouse goggles, and he still fights no worrys because he can still see the gloves and the head

1 - 8 of 8 Posts