Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Former WBA super middleweight champion Anthony Mundine (34-3, 25 KOs) dominated Rafael Sosa Pintos (31-3, 12 KOs) over ten rounds at the E. G Whitlam Centre, Liverpool, Sydney, NSW, Australia on Wednesday. Mundine controlled every round as he delivered accurate combinations to the head and body of the importation continually but could not drop the durable opponent. Mundine slipped to the canvas in round ten but gained control again once on his feet. Scores were 100-91, 99-91 and 100-88. Afterward Mundine said, "I hit him with good uppercuts but couldn't get the on the sweet spot. At the end he was starting to get desperate and desperate guys do desperate things. When I'm in the firing range, you might get tagged yourself, so you have to be smart." Mundine stated he is chasing a shot at WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm. Newly crowned IBF Pan Pacific Youth jnr lightweight champion Ahmed Elomar was introduced into the ring and was given ovation after his sensational knockout win in round one over world rated WBO#10,IBF#13 William Kickett last Friday."
-fightnews.com

I don't think there was much doubt that Mundine would take this fight. He's now 11-0 since losing to Mikkel Kessler. I think he's on the short list of fighters who can make a big fight at Super-Middleweight. As for wanting to fight Sturm, he'll just have to get in line.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Sosa Pinto is a Jr. Middleweight. Mundine is a joke. He lost that fight against Sam Soliman and he will lose if he fights a serious Super Middleweight

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'll never forget the comments Mundine made about 9/11. I hope he gets his head taken off one of these days and I don't mean figuratively.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts