Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Big Jack said:
Sports Nut

ANTHONY Mundine has turned to Allah in preparation for the distinct possibility that his boxing career is finished because of a serious eye infection.
After what Mundine said about the US after 9-11 He can go make his home with the Taliban as far as I'm concerned. The guy is a scumball :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sports Nut

By Philip Holiday, former IBF world lightweight champion

Jeff Harding would be too strong and tough if he met Anthony Mundine in a World of Boxing dream fight.
Harding is pictured beating Dennis Andries for the WBC light-heavyweight title.

·
Registered
54 Posts
C.J.Rock said:
After what Mundine said about the US after 9-11 He can go make his home with the Taliban as far as I'm concerned. The guy is a scumball :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

yeh and so is george bush. mundine should not have said what he said, no doubt, but after what happened on 9-11 the amount of innocent people the americans have murdered is terrible, mundine was trying to say that after america had spent so much time being the bullies of the world they should not be suprised that someone would take the law in to there own hands, mundine just cant speak.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point, mate.
Mundine later said that in no way was he supporting what had happened with 9/11 and that all killing is wrong. He said he didnt express himself well and what he meant was that America had made a lot of enemies around the world with its foreign policy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
politics aside though, it would be a real big shame if he were to lose his boxing career because of this, he has so much potential and i reckon could have a good chance against kessler or calzaghe (he has gotten better since he fought kessler last)

·
Registered
79 Posts
politics aside though, it would be a real big shame if he were to lose his boxing career because of this, he has so much potential and i reckon could have a good chance against kessler or calzaghe (he has gotten better since he fought kessler last)
yeah he has gotten better since that fight but u have got to remember so has kessler

·
Registered
54 Posts
Big Jack said:
Good point, mate.
Mundine later said that in no way was he supporting what had happened with 9/11 and that all killing is wrong. He said he didnt express himself well and what he meant was that America had made a lot of enemies around the world with its foreign policy.

yep, the problem with mundine is that he often cant express him self properly under the spotlight and he has trouble getting his point across. From all accounts that i have heard from people who know anthony including a friend of mine who has met with him on a few occasions, he is actually a really kind hearted guy who does alot for charity etc and all that blah blah stuff and the image we see is nothing like the real Mundine.

but all this aside, i hope we get to see him take on calzaghe or kessler rather than being left with what if this and what if that.

hope he recovers but from the info i have heard it does not look good and he will be extremely lucky if he is ever to box again.

·
8,579 Posts
jahobe said:
yeh and so is george bush. mundine should not have said what he said, no doubt, but after what happened on 9-11 the amount of innocent people the americans have murdered is terrible, mundine was trying to say that after america had spent so much time being the bullies of the world they should not be suprised that someone would take the law in to there own hands, mundine just cant speak.
9-11 was a callous cowardly attack on innocent people pray tell me where the US committed an atrocity such as this.Tell me where the US murdered innocents please. Mundine needs to go join the Taliban I refuse to feel sorry for his career ending injury

·
8,579 Posts
Big Jack said:
Good point, mate.
Thats just an attempt to cover his a** Jack His statement was " As for 9-11 America brought it all on themselves" not one of the innocent people killed or maimed had done anything to cause what faceless cowards did

·
Registered
79 Posts
C.J.Rock said:
9-11 was a callous cowardly attack on innocent people pray tell me where the US committed an atrocity such as this.Tell me where the US murdered innocents please. Mundine needs to go join the Taliban I refuse to feel sorry for his career ending injury
HIROSHIMA!!! only 30 times worsein regards to civilians deaths, now if u want to keep talking about this subject, **** off to another forum, this site is for boxing

·
8,579 Posts
TommyGunn said:
wow, chill dudes, this is ment to be fun.....lol
Hey Tommy who is this rattlesnake dude ?? thinks he's somethin huh LOL He dont know who he's messing with does he :dunno:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
C.J.Rock said:
Hey Tommy who is this rattlesnake dude ?? thinks he's somethin huh LOL He dont know who he's messing with does he :dunno:
wakeys a cool guy like yourself C.J, he sticks up for his aussie fighters like we do for the brits. :laugh:

carry on guys. :p

·
8,579 Posts
TommyGunn said:
wakeys a cool guy like yourself C.J, he sticks up for his aussie fighters like we do for the brits. :laugh:

carry on guys. :p
More power to him but I think Mundine went too far now he's trying to cover his a** I wont hold it against rattler though all is cool
I'm caught between a rock and a hardplace Tommy I was in Ft Worth Tx and got to know Don Curry well and Stevie Cruz When Don fought Colin Jones andStevie fought Barry McGuigan I really didnt know who to cheer for

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey C.J, im not fully disagreeing with ya towards the mundine subject, i wish i could stick up for him , but i know he said the wrong thing, and i bet ya he knows to, and havent we all said the wrong thing once in our lives, i personally do like him but havnt got a problem with people not likeing him over that matter, now for the other subject, i was just answering ur question, and i just get a little bit angry when people start useing an innocent, fun boxing forum and talkin about all that stuff man, like we r on here to talk about what we love and that is boxing

·
8,579 Posts
RattlesnakeWake said:
hey C.J, im not fully disagreeing with ya towards the mundine subject, i wish i could stick up for him , but i know he said the wrong thing, and i bet ya he knows to, and havent we all said the wrong thing once in our lives, i personally do like him but havnt got a problem with people not likeing him over that matter, now for the other subject, i was just answering ur question, and i just get a little bit angry when people start useing an innocent, fun boxing forum and talkin about all that stuff man, like we r on here to talk about what we love and that is boxing
Hey all is cool Wake sorry I took it out on you, but when you've lost relatives and friends to 9-11 what Mundine said just hit a nerve. I do wish the guy well and hope he recovers 100%
Seeya on the BB Wake:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.