Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anthony Mundine has decided to give up his WBA super middleweight belt after he defends against Sam Soliman on May 28. This means he will not have to face former conqueror Mikkel Kessler who is the mandatory contender for the championship. Mundine was ordered by the WBA to fight Kessler after Sam Soliman defense. Mundine stated he wanted to become a world champion in three weight divisions and will go after the world's best middleweights Arthur Abraham, Kelly Pavlik and Felix Sturm. "I want to become middleweight champion and then eventually the light heavyweight champion," Mundine said. "I can be a six-time world champion in three different weight divisions. I will definitely finish a great fighter. I won't put myself up there with [Muhammad] Ali and [Sugar] Ray Robinson, but I will be the best athlete ever overall. I didn't come to boxing till I was 25. In my previous sport, I was the best and I will be the best in boxing. I'll be the best combined athlete ever, a six-time world champ, because that's my favorite number. The [WBA] title means a lot but it wasn't a very viable decision [to fight Kessler]." It has already been announced that Kessler will face Dimitri Sartison for the vacant WBA title on June 21.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Dudes a coward. Im sure if they got him another Sam Soliman type he wouldn't give the title up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kessler, Miranda, Pavlik, Greene, all of these beat him imo.how about Pascal?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have only seen Pascal a couple of times the fight he had on the Mirranda/Banks undercard i thought
he struggled.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I have only seen Pascal a couple of times the fight he had on the Mirranda/Banks udercard i thought
he struggled.
Ive seen him twice too and that was one of them i saw him in. He was lucky not to get KO'd in that fight.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea that dude had pascal hurt a few times, Pascal lacks in the power department big time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts