Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an interview yesterday when appearing on a sporting/comedy variety show... Mundine stated that he was going to beat Joe Calzaghe and Mikkel Kessler in The Super Middleweight Division.

He then went on to state that he plans on losing a few pounds and beating Winky Wright and Jermain Taylor in The Middleweight Division.

Some Australians "respect him now" because he has "proven them all wrong" through his victories over fellow Ausralian Boxers Danny Green and Sam Soliman... and also... by the fact that he is now a 2-Time WBA Super Middleweight Champion.

I say again... when Mundine took on 3 World Class Fighters in The Supper Middleweight Division... he was knocked out COLD by Sven Ottke... didn't like that... so he boxed on the outside against Mikkel Kessler and Manny Siaca... knowing that if he got too close... he'd get knocked out again... and Mundine's too scared to be knocked out.

He lost those 2 fights by Unanimous Decision.

So far... he is yet to have any real legitimate victories.

Green and Soliman were just as overrated as he was... and The Australian Boxing Scene at the moment isn't much for starters... and that win over Antwun Echols? He just barely got off a court date... and didn't have the time to train and prepare properly for the fight.

Mundine's shameless self promotion tactics (Rap Music, Video Clips, TV Shows, Celebrity Big Brother etc) are just stupid!

I admit he is a good athlete and a good boxer (and should've stuck with Rugby League)... he is not great... and those 4 NON-AUSTRALIAN Guys that he says he will beat... HE IS DREAMING!

He even stated that he plans on winning World Championships in several other weight divisions... not just Super Middleweight and Middleweight.

Does anybody here think that he can beat the likes of Calzaghe/Kessler/Taylor/Wright?:D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
mundines a bum in my book, anybody who's ko'd by otkke and his 5ko's shouldn't be in the same ring as wink, calzaghe, kessler and it pains me to say it but taylor to.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Australian Boxing Scene is so crap at the moment... their two best boxers from the last decade or so were both born and raised in other countries for the first 20 or so years of their lives before they became Australian Citizens!:thumbsup:
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
They still have Sam Solomon :)
But he was beaten by Anthony Mundine... which just goes to show how overrated he was in the first place. Being really fit and being able to throw a gbzillion punches isn't all there is in boxing!
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I was being extremely sarcastic. :) He throws the weirdest punches I've ever seen.
The thing about Australian Boxers is that... nowadays... they all think they're tough. They probably are. They think that because they're built with Six-Packs... can throw hard punches... and are really fit... that that's all you need to make it as a boxer... right? WRONG!!! There is so much more to it... PSYCHOLOGY... different kinds of punches... Stamina... EVERYTHING... Australian Boxers suck... they're just thugs with tattoos who get into pointless drunken brawls and pubs, bars and nightclubs... who probably did Kickboxing in the first place. Most kickboxers who become boxers SUCK... Randall 'Tex' Cobb was "OK" and so was PAUL BRIGGS (who is Australian... although he was born in New Zealand)... but these Australian Boxers talk themselves up like they're top ****... and the media does so as well... BUT THEY'RE NOT TOP ****!!! They are SECOND RATE when compared to African-American Boxers... Latinos, British, Irish... hell... EVEN WHITE AMERICANS... the rest of the world perhaps... FILLIPINOS... so on and so forth! Australian Boxers are in their own stupid thuggish mob world... and that's not boxing!!! :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
White Tyson said:
The thing about Australian Boxers is that... nowadays... they all think they're tough. They probably are. They think that because they're built with Six-Packs... can throw hard punches... and are really fit... that that's all you need to make it as a boxer... right? WRONG!!! There is so much more to it... PSYCHOLOGY... different kinds of punches... Stamina... EVERYTHING... Australian Boxers suck... they're just thugs with tattoos who get into pointless drunken brawls and pubs, bars and nightclubs... who probably did Kickboxing in the first place. Most kickboxers who become boxers SUCK... Randall 'Tex' Cobb was "OK" and so was PAUL BRIGGS (who is Australian... although he was born in New Zealand)... but these Australian Boxers talk themselves up like they're top ****... and the media does so as well... BUT THEY'RE NOT TOP ****!!! They are SECOND RATE when compared to African-American Boxers... Latinos, British, Irish... hell... EVEN WHITE AMERICANS... the rest of the world perhaps... FILLIPINOS... so on and so forth! Australian Boxers are in their own stupid thuggish mob world... and that's not boxing!!! :cool:
You seem to have had a bad time in Australia one time bro
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
You seem to have had a bad time in Australia one time bro
I did... they're so up themselves! DAMN!!!
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Hahaha I was just kidding but was right! :) I've never been there myself.
It's a country that's become a shameless self parody of itself and they're too dumb to realise it... WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YA?:laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Mundine is arrogant and a loud mouth. Sometimes i wonder what is going through his head. But i like watching him fight and i think that because of his arrogance he attracts people to watch boxing.

You call him over rated, i think not. This guy has talent. He has been boxing since 2001 - thats nothing compared to some of the top boxers in the world and look what hes done. Remember mundine had no amateur career.

Soloman had a great fight with winky (top rated fighter), mundine made soloman look like an amateur. Hell mundine made green look like an amateur. You say green and soloman were over rated, well maybe they are, but mundine didnt 'just' beat them, he demolished them.

Mundine fought sven after only 1 year of boxing, and you laugh that he was knocked out.

Mundine went 12 rounds with kessler who was the better fighter, though mundine still had only had 5 years experience and IMO did a pretty good job. I think if they were to fight again it would be a closer fight.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
I understand your defending of Mundine but you are defending losses. Soloman had a good showing with Mayweather due to his akward style but after he figured him out that was it. I just do not see mundine as anything special. Maybe he will prove us all wrong but I doubt it.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I understand your defending of Mundine but you are defending losses. Soloman had a good showing with Mayweather due to his akward style but after he figured him out that was it. I just do not see mundine as anything special. Maybe he will prove us all wrong but I doubt it.
Mundine is good in Australia and its scene... put him on the world stage... and he is dog meat to "THE BIG LEAGUES!":thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Top