Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

· The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
You may notice in that Kessler fight that Mundine didn't want to get to close... in fear of getting knocked out (like he was by Sven Ottke). Some people said that it was his best performance ever... when really... he was just overly careful because he was too scared of getting knocked out... and lost by Unanimous Decision!

· Registered
54 Posts
I think Mundine would beat calzaghe, kessler would be close but he has improved alot since the last kessler fight, people keep bringing up otkke it was his 10th fight, which he was winning for 9 rounds in germany and he got knocked out, he has only lost to world champs and has went 12 rounds with kessler and danny green who are 2 of the hardest hitters in the division (green is now light heavy), Calzaghe is an great fighter but over rated which shows you how bad lacy is, if Calzaghe had the guts to come to Sydney and take mundine on he would get taken apart. At the moment Kessler is the best super middle weight in the world but give mundine 1 or 2 more fights and he will be

· Premium Member
22,168 Posts
jahobe said:
I think Mundine would beat calzaghe, kessler would be close but he has improved alot since the last kessler fight, people keep bringing up otkke it was his 10th fight, which he was winning for 9 rounds in germany and he got knocked out, he has only lost to world champs and has went 12 rounds with kessler and danny green who are 2 of the hardest hitters in the division (green is now light heavy), Calzaghe is an great fighter but over rated which shows you how bad lacy is, if Calzaghe had the guts to come to Sydney and take mundine on he would get taken apart. At the moment Kessler is the best super middle weight in the world but give mundine 1 or 2 more fights and he will be
So what part of Australia are you from?

1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
So what part of Australia are you from?
Probably The Bogan Part... did he just say that Mundine can beat Calzaghe? :laugh: That makes me laugh!

· Premium Member
22,168 Posts
White Tyson said:
Probably The Bogan Part... did he just say that Mundine can beat Calzaghe? :laugh: That makes me laugh!
Yes he sure did. I understand his love for Mundine after listening to the Aussie commentators during the Keller fight. :laugh:

As Kessler was dominating Mundine through every round into the 10th round they were trying to decide whether Kessler was up by only one or two rounds! They were trying to sell that guy so badly it made me hate him even more.

But I'm guessing that they don't have too many successful sports figures so they have to love what they have. That's cool though, I just hate him after learning what he said and watching him get cocky against Ottke and get KO'D!

· Registered
54 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Yes he sure did. I understand his love for Mundine after listening to the Aussie commentators during the Keller fight. :laugh:

As Kessler was dominating Mundine through every round into the 10th round they were trying to decide whether Kessler was up by only one or two rounds! They were trying to sell that guy so badly it made me hate him even more.

But I'm guessing that they don't have too many successful sports figures so they have to love what they have. That's cool though, I just hate him after learning what he said and watching him get cocky against Ottke and get KO'D!

Im from Sydney and from a country of 20 million we have plenty of sports figures here on the top of the world. I agree he was no contest for kessler back then but kessler couldnt get him out of there, he is a different fighter now he might talk **** but he can box and yes i think he would beat calzaghe not cos i am from australia but as a boxing fan i think he would be to quick and has defensive skills that would make calzaghe look average. the real king of the division is kessler.

· Premium Member
22,168 Posts
jahobe said:
Im from Sydney and from a country of 20 million we have plenty of sports figures here on the top of the world. I agree he was no contest for kessler back then but kessler couldnt get him out of there, he is a different fighter now he might talk **** but he can box and yes i think he would beat calzaghe not cos i am from australia but as a boxing fan i think he would be to quick and has defensive skills that would make calzaghe look average. the real king of the division is kessler.
Well as a boxing fan why are you're only posts/responses related to Mundine threads?

· Banned
25,712 Posts
jahobe said:
calzaghes the quickest fighter at 168 by absolute mile!

go back to sleep fanboy. :cheeky4:

· Registered
54 Posts
tommygunn said:
calzaghes the quickest fighter at 168 by absolute mile!

go back to sleep fanboy. :cheeky4:

could say the same to you fanboy. Mundine is quicker. and thats just from watching the fight and seeing the speed difference, before i had seen calzaghe i heard about how quick is jab is, it is quick but mundine is quicker

· Banned
25,712 Posts
jahobe said:
could say the same to you fanboy. Mundine is quicker. and thats just from watching the fight and seeing the speed difference, before i had seen calzaghe i heard about how quick is jab is, it is quick but mundine is quicker
mundine is ****, he has no chin, he runs away and isnt in the elite guys league which has been proved!

quicker than calzaghe :confused: put the bottle down.

· Premium Member
22,168 Posts
Welcome to the board Jahobe. Although our opinions differ I do not want to cause you to think that the forum is going to attack everything you say. We need more members and thanks for joining.

But...Mundine is no Calzaghe :)

1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Welcome to the board Jahobe. Although our opinions differ I do not want to cause you to think that the forum is going to attack everything you say. We need more members and thanks for joining.

But...Mundine is no Calzaghe :)
Mundine has no chance at all whatsoever against Calzaghe... and jahobe... sorry about before... WELCOME TO THE FORUMS YOUNG MAN!!!

· Banned
25,712 Posts
jahobe said:
so manfredo has more of chance? mundine is ranked #3 at 168 and rightfully so, and calzaghe and kessler are above him and deserve to be, i just think he can beat them both
*yawn*

· Premium Member
22,168 Posts
jahobe said:
so manfredo has more of chance? mundine is ranked #3 at 168 and rightfully so, and calzaghe and kessler are above him and deserve to be, i just think he can beat them both
No. Manfredo has a very slim shot. I would rather see Mundine against him after talking to you. Calzaghe is in a different league my friend.

· Banned
25,712 Posts
calzaghe is fighting manfredo because he's a star because of his exploits on the t.v show the contender, every boxing fan in the world knows who peter manfredo is and most casual fans do to. a win against manfredo isnt much to shout about and any real boxing fan knows this but casual fans and guys who tune in ocasionaly will; see it as a big win. remeber PPV buys are made up of every kind of boxing fan and hardcore guys like us are a realy small percentage.

id give manfredo a chance against mundine.

1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
The things is... The Super Middleweight Division isn't really much... you've got Calzaghe who I reckon is the greatest Super Middleweight of all time... Kessler... Ottke (I just threw him in there), Siaca, Lacy and yes... Mundine... but all those guys that I mentioned beforehand are above him... and I say again... Lacy would knock Mundine the **** out... HELL YEAH!:D

· Banned
25,712 Posts
i count 168 and 175 as one division realy, theres not much of a diffrence there. if you look at the fights that can be made there you have some pretty hot match ups to be made, add jermain taylor and edison miranda to that fold and thats where the action is in boxing right now, between 160/175

41 - 60 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.