Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new "regular" WBA super middleweight champion Anthony Mundine of Australia, wants to face Bernard Hopkins before the end of the year. Mundine won the vacant title when he stopped hometown rival Sam Soliman in nine rounds on Wednesday night in Sydney, Australia.

The title became vacant when Mikkel Kessler was elevated to WBA "super" champion status by winning the WBC 168-pound title from Markus Beyer in 2006. Mundine told the Sydney Morning Herald that several fights interest him, but Hopkins is the one he wants most.

"If Danny Green wanted another fight, I'd talk about that - because next time I'm going to knock him out. We're also looking at Kessler and Calzaghe, but my ultimate goal would be to fight Bernard Hopkins within the next six to nine months," Mundine said.

"Bernard is one of my boxing idols. He is one of the greats and to get in there and test my skills against one of the best ever would be something that no one can take away from me."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
mundine had better rethink his plans because IMO any the above would punk him.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
They all would beat him but at least he is willing to fight these guys. Some P4P "king" does everything he can to side step this level of competition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts