Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. im new to boxing and also have a weak lower back. i was wondering if any1 could suggest some training exercises or programs to me that could build my back muscles and other muscle groups related to boxing. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Don't really feel like explaining all of the exercises you could do i.e. there are many, but the first thing you should accomplish is getting strong abs. The abdomen supports you lower back second to your vertebrae.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have strong abs and a 6 pack. if you would rather not suggest exercises or anything of the like, could you possibly suggest some sites or any good reference material to obtain such information? thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
These site's are alright, they'll show you some good exercises.
ExRx.net Exercise & Muscle Directory
Lower Back Exercises | Lower Back Workouts | Lower Back Muscle Menu

The best lower back exercise is hyperextensions(basically a reverse crunch or situp, just be careful to to over-hyperextend.

Fyi-Lifting in general, whether its back, arms,chest, legs, shoulders, etc is going to strengthen your lower back as long as you have good form i.e. the lower back muscle groups stabilize your whole body, you subconsciously stabilize your body with this area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts