Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried this stuff? I'm thinking about taking it because I don't do much lifting so maybe it will help build my muscle some while I do my rounds on the bag. It says in 2 cups there are 650 calories. Doesn't that seem like a lot of calories to you? Is it worth it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
It's a good protein source, but it also has a lot of sugar; so it works best post-workout when you really need the carbs to recharge.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I like the stuff. There's some kind of special lipid they use in it which promotes more fat burning and muscle energy than fat storing, so it's really a fat-burner so I wouldn't worry about gaining weight while on it (I never have). About the calories, I'll quote what it says on the back: "While Muscle Milk may contain slightly more fat than low fat and high carb products, our LeanLipids are designed to help you get leaner." I usually take it after I lift rather than after boxing and it does make a noticeable difference but Im sure it will help after boxing as well(I take half the dosage and it still does the job, and really does make you leaner). I think it also aids in muscle repair and supposedly promotes natural creatine production. -If you do get it, I'd suggest getting strawberry flavor, everything else is disgusting in my opinion. Let me know if you want to know anything else specific about it and maybe I can be more helpful than this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
is there anything to take that will make you somewhat faster, i was sparring like the quickest dude in the gym the other day and i got wrecked, so now im feeling all sluggish and whatnot

·
Registered
841 Posts
Pro Shadow Boxer from Title Boxing

Use that when your shadowboxing, it'll make you faster and stronger, worked for me.
Explosive workouts help you gain speed, when I lift I use lightweight but explode into every rep. Also, working out with Thera-bands(resistance bands not tubing) not only makes you stronger without bulking you up too much but makes you much faster. I often replace weights with those.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Has anyone ever tried this stuff? I'm thinking about taking it because I don't do much lifting so maybe it will help build my muscle some while I do my rounds on the bag. It says in 2 cups there are 650 calories. Doesn't that seem like a lot of calories to you? Is it worth it? Thanks.
Gainers fuel is pretty good :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I might give it a shot. I heard from someone else that Strawberry is the way to go also so I'll try that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Thanks guys. I might give it a shot. I heard from someone else that Strawberry is the way to go also so I'll try that. Thanks again.
that or vanilla the chocalate is nasty.

G

·
the chocolate is actually nice to drink in Maximuscle (if you drink it with milk). The flavours just depend on the brand, I've tasted some vile ones.

While we're on this topic does anyone know if it makes a difference taking it with milk rather than water?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
the chocolate is actually nice to drink in Maximuscle (if you drink it with milk). The flavours just depend on the brand, I've tasted some vile ones.

While we're on this topic does anyone know if it makes a difference taking it with milk rather than water?
most people take it with milk just to get the extra calories.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried the pre made Muscle Milk and its was ok. Kind of a weird taste(I got Strawberry n' Cream) but I guess Ill just have to deal with it. I need to get the powder from my buddies supplement store. Thanks guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts