Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well my first fight i can honestly say i lost my second i felt like i dominated but still lost the decision. finally won this one tell me what you guys think.

YouTube - my 3rd fight

im the TALLER one in the red headgear

now for those with more experience then me(only 3 fights) should i be more aggressive throw more punches ect ect im really a counter puncher at heart or atleast i try to be

·
Registered
212 Posts
ive only been boxing for a few months, still far from having my first fight. But i think you should be more agressive.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
You did good that fight, but if I were you I would at least throw the jab out more. What I do is throw jabs a lot, after about a round of a lot of jabs I can tell with about 70% accuracy how they will respond to the different types of jab. When you see they do something that leaves them open for your best shot, fake the jab and throw that punch.

Another thing you could do is play possom a bit. When they land a decent shot, try to make it seem like it bothered you, but not enough for the ref to take notice. When the person thinks the smell a near kill, as they rush in, start swinging as hard as you can.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, like you, I've only had 3 fights, but I've had 3 wins! But anyways, you definitely need to be more aggresive if that's what'll work for ya. When I fight I like to lash out with a lot of jabs. And his guard was way low at a lot of parts, and it didn't seem for any strategic reason, you could have landed a lot more sucessful shots if you wanted to. Since your opponent didn't seem too aggresive either, you could have landed some hooks to the body for points, Also do some 1-2s. I find hooks to the bodies and 1-2s are the easiest way to get points. Also snap your jab more, you seem to be pulling back slowly just using your arm at parts. And if you are a counterpuncher, I saw like more than 5 spots where you could have easily since your guard was up, and his gaurd was shot. But anyways, good fight, gratz on the win, good luck on your next one.

EDIT: I like to stay flat footed while waiting for my opponent's response, and toes if my opponent is lashing out. It helps me increase my concentration It actually helps me stay stationary, and tires you out less at points if your knees start to shake out of fatigue, toes help me dodge and make your opponent stop his combination. You should try it, but during sparring prefferably. Also ask about doing mitt punching a little faster, my coach at the gym always puts an emphasis on speed of punches and power, so he always increases the pace of his mitt punching drills dramatically which is necessary for amateur boxing. That should help you with lashing out your jabs. He also likes to look for gaps in your guard and punch you wherever there is a gap even if you are shadow boxing hah. It really keeps you tightening you gaurd knowing your coach is like a ninja with punch mitts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
potential

I think you show a lot of potential. Look at the other guy. What do you see? I just watched about a bit and could see that he was leaving himself WIDE open when he'd throw that left, which he did a lot! If you get more skilled at ducking and countering you'd punish guys like that. You seem to keep your hands up well, move well, and have a good fight stance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I watched half of this and i see one person punching and one person doing nothing. They're both in red too :confused: Should've been a lot more work in their you're both lightweights. OH! now i realized who you are. You're the short one. WHOA! you weren't the short one!? I thought you were lol. The short one should have one. He threw more and you did practically nothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
how did I do nothing when i won the fight? and why would i wanna throw all those sloppy punches that he was throwing i like to make mine count. I even have a knockdown in the 3rd round maybe you should watch the whole fight before you add your 2 cents

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice fight, your style looks good, don't get cocky though, that guy you were fighting appeared to be completely useless and didn't have a clue how to throw a punch let alone box. You defo. need to be more aggressive. The thing is, you say you're a counter puncher, which you are, but you had so many chances when that guy must have closed his eyes and rolled them to the back of his head when you threw them accurate shots. You have to learn to be an animal, when you see his pain go straight in, 'ESPECIALLY' when his eyes are closed, which I bet they were. If you were used to carrying on after one or two punches, if it was your nature than you would have done it automatically, you just need to always keep yourself in a good position after you punch so you can swiftly maneuver your body to release a flurry of punches, which would easily of knocked this guy to the floor. Yes you got it right once but you had loads of these chances. I know it is only your 3rd fight. Personally I get more aggressive as I go on, I don't mean more crazy, I just mean I learned when to snap. hahah you wanted advice there ya gooo

·
Registered
19 Posts
I enjoyed your fight. I always like to see a boxer keep his chin protected at all times. The other guy was throwing a lot of looping hooks and leaving his hands down a lot. You fought good and landed cleaner punches. Congrats no the win :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ya definitely like what a lot of ppl have said already, pump more jabs, and hook off the jab you would had knocked the guy out earlier. I like your patience though, like me you need to analyze your guy 1st then throw your shots. Good job for winning the fight man.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I enjoyed your fight. I always like to see a boxer keep his chin protected at all times. The other guy was throwing a lot of looping hooks and leaving his hands down a lot. You fought good and landed cleaner punches. Congrats no the win :)
good fight was this c class?
i am only 14 years old and have played 5 matches al 5 won.
my 6 fight is on 3week further i have a record of 5-3-0 5 won 3ko and 0lose i am winnign this with my mental and my power .
and speed i have a very speedfull jab i make use of that and a incredible power in my hooks for the inside and uppercut with my right.
i only doing is jabbing jabbing jabbing and then in a second trowing combination the people love that.
in my country the netherlanders i am a talent you should remmeber my name jesse obbink over 5 years you see me on tv i hope :p:) and i only training 5 weeks and if i get home i train in midnight and jogging and doing al that kinda stuff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts